WM 6.5 STD -- i want it in my Q9 :P

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Tranzystor82, Jun 7, 2009.

1. 03hdfatboy

03hdfatboy New Member

Getting something to work that has stumped others is a challange..and your friends seeing your fone and going "how the F@(k did you do that?"...
    That's whats fun :tounge:
  2. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Who are you supposed to be, homeland security? Oh wait no, that's me and treefrog.
  3. 03hdfatboy

03hdfatboy New Member

No doubt :wink:
  4. Tranzystor82

Tranzystor82 Member

Heh
    today I thought that nicely it would be if to change a page pool in rom because Q9 have 96Mb ram but only for usage is 66Mb so maybe change this to 4mb from 12 .... \

Hm ...
  5. wbruno18

wbruno18 New Member

This guy is seeking for his commissions !!!!!
    lol
  6. EQBob

EQBob New Member

No. I just find the level of what *I* (and the dictionary) term dishonesty, distressing.

"Dishonest: Disposed to lie, cheat, defraud, or deceive.

Defraud: to cheat out of money, property, or a right to do something"
    http://thefreedictionary.com

Seems pretty black and white to me.

If an item costs, and you have it, and didn't pay for it, and didn't get it as a gift, you've defrauded the company or individual or is selling it. Defrauding is a base definition of dishonesty. Ergo...people are being dishonest.

GPS, WM6.5, NES games, a candy bar from a store, using the anti-virus package from your brother, etc. Apply it to whatever you want. You can couch it in whatever terms you'd like, but it's dishonest.

Why do I care? Because in a good world, people should be upstanding enough to be honest. I'm not reporting anyody to anywhere, I'm just stating my opinion, just like the several that have been stated about me and likely will be as this thread continues.

Ya'll feel free to bash away, since I'm sure several will be jumping up to post a response. There will be the inevitable posts of it's ok, because I want to (as if your needs and desires outweigh others?), it's ok because nobody got hurt (who's to say? Are you all knowing?), it's ok because they get income from other (honest) people (it's still dishonest), it's ok because blah blah blah. Bottom line....It's not ok...ok?

And no, I don't expect a single person to change because of my post. If ya'll can post your opinion, I can post mine.
  7. Roadie

Roadie New Member

I would have to agree. I would be surprised if the highly intelligent users of this board, after consideration, don't agree also. If you worked to create a program, be it large or small, and then had it stolen, copied, passed around with no return on your investment, you'd probably be hopping up and down demanding payment. Heck, most of us get upset when a coworker or a boss claims credit for our own ideas. This isn't any different.
  8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Well, that would certainly be nice, but based on past experience, the volleys of fireballs will certainly be tossed and the justifications as to why this isn't really stealing or dishonest and why I'm just a nit-picking cantankerous jerk will be belted out like the finals of American Idol was up for grabs.
  9. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha...bob's gotta roadie! -)

sorry..just reminded me of i had a friend who was a pretty sweet drummer in a rock band back in the late 80's and and i was a roadie like no other! great times!

but...back on topic. i thought i read a past thread that you actually agreed (finally) that the gps chip in the phone is owned by the buyer and that maybe there was a difference between hardware bought and software constrictions? hmmmm?
  10. EQBob

EQBob New Member

You misread. (Qu'ell suprise') What I agreed might be a potentially valid arguement for 'owning the GPS chip' for full and unlimited use was a phone that had been purchased not through the carrier, but through a secondary source, such as eBay, Amazon, etc. I also stated that I did not know the legal ramifications of such a purchase venue as compared to a store and didn't know if the same restrictions apply or not. I thought it was worthwhile of a question, depsite the fact that it probably affects a very small percentage of owners. The phone was likely originally mannufactured and sold via a subsidy agreement and I don't know if that remains in effect somehow, in a carrier's eyes, or legal viewpoint, allowing for the GPS to still be locked down.
  11. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

um..yeah..ok!
  12. greg0

greg0 New Member

works this WM 6.5 Rom with the Q9H with internal GPS ?

bye
  13. Tranzystor82

Tranzystor82 Member

Hello

I can't check because i have EU version (black) ;(
  14. Tranzystor82

Tranzystor82 Member

Ok i'm almost done based rom is (SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01_10_05R_MODEM4_U_40_11_40R_12_USNORMAN25RTDER2W611A002_1FF-Enterprise-German_3801569218) i change page pol to 2Mb result is 72,34 Mb RAM :) default keyboard is US ;)
  15. skiwi

skiwi New Member

can't waitting for it.
    how do you split the imgfs.bin from the os.nb
  16. skiwi

skiwi New Member

somebody will release wm6.5 with internal gps of Q9 soon. wow
  17. mislatero

mislatero New Member

please upload again de wm6.5 rom coz the link is down
  18. Tranzystor82

Tranzystor82 Member