WM 6.5 OS and backup restore

Discussion in 'Windows Mobile 6.5 OS' started by aegartner, May 15, 2010.

1. aegartner

aegartner New Member

WM 6.5 OS and backup restore

I have a T-mobile Dash 3G in which I updated my OS from 6.1 to 6.5. The upgrade process worked just fine and it seemed as though it was going to work just fine on the phone. I also had downloaded the sklite backup to store all my data so I could just put back all my apps, info etc. When I tried to do a backup restore after I had upgraded to 6.5, it completely messed up the phone. The biggest thing is now all my links to important things such as settings cannot be found, I get an error message stating "error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename." This has happened to all the important functions on the phone. I cannot even do the hard reset (the one where the memory is totally erased and the phone is set back to factory settings) because of the aforementioned problem. Also my memory is full and i get the warning every minute or so that I need to delete messages.

My question is how can I undo the backup restore given these limitations? I just want to have the phone with the 6.5 basic so that I can just load everything manually. Thank you
  2. aegartner

aegartner New Member

Issue resolved

I called t-mobile and they helped me do a "hard" reset in which I had to reset the phone to factory conditions and then reload everything back manually. It was a pain but I now have my phone the way I want it.