Wm 6.1

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by DomitianX, Apr 29, 2008.

1. DomitianX

DomitianX New Member

Wm 6.1

Anyone hear anymore news about this from Sprint? I called the local sprint stores (3 different ones) and they have no clue about it and told me that it would need to be done by Motorola and not at a Sprint store. They said Sprint doesnt do OS upgrades.
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no one knows anything
    when it is posted you will know
  3. Munan

Munan New Member

Partially true.
    Sprint is working on the upgrade, however it will most likely be distributed via the Motorola Update Tool.
    Of course, when the time comes, a Sprint Store will do the work for you I'm sure.
    Just not until the upgrade is officially released and that probably won't be for a couple more months.
  4. brianterry

brianterry New Member

any sprint store i've ever gone to asking questions is a waste of time anyways. I normally know more about their products than they do.
  5. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 New Member

9m getting it?

I haven't seen anything about VZW's 9m getting 6.1- is that completely off the table? I would never even bet that they'd go from 5.0 to 6.0 or from 6.0 to 7.0, but this "tweener" upgrade to 6.1, I don't see why they wouldn't.
  6. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

exactly....it is really up to the employees how hard they want to work to know their products and crap, my guess is the only people who would know anything about it are people like us, who own the phone
  7. forcelite

forcelite New Member

6.1 Upgrade

man, this upgrade has been in the works for months, and it is avalible for other phones if I remember correctly.

Force
  8. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

Untrue. No phone schedule to be official upgraded to Win Mo 6.1 has been released yet. There are, however, a few hacked ROMs floating around the internet.
  9. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT New Member

The official 6.1 release is scheduled for the summer on all Windows 6.0 devices.

Check out www.windowsmobile.com for the video which illustrates the features of 6.1. It looks really good. Finally threaded text is built in.
  10. Munan

Munan New Member

Are you kidding? Sprint announced the phones it would upgrade the day they announced the upgrade.....
  11. Echoes&Madness

Echoes&Madness New Member

I think NeoteriX (the person you were quoting in your original post) is stating that none of the phones listed in their announcement have been upgraded to 6.1 as of now... :wink:
  12. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Member

When rereading my post and its shockingly bad spelling/grammar, I can't say I'm not appalled with myself. ...There must have been alcohol involved. :)

In any case, yes that is what I meant. No phones announced to be "upgraded" have in fact been upgraded yet. Everyone is in the same boat and still waiting.
  13. Munan

Munan New Member

Ahhh alcohol. The reason for a great many reposts and retractions in my own world. :)
  14. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

It happens to the best of us...
    Why else would there be a thread dedicated to posting while drunk?