WM 6.1: to upgrade or not to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by mk-Zero, Jan 10, 2009.

1. mk-Zero

mk-Zero New Member

WM 6.1: to upgrade or not to upgrade?

Hey all, first post here! Great forum you all have :)
    I have a Q9c (VZW) and have been wondering if I should upgrade the OS to 6.1 or just stick with 6.0? I've done some reading on here and from what I can tell, it sounds like 6.1 maybe less stable. Is this true? What are the advantages of 6.1 over 6.0? I know it has text message threading, which sounds appealing to me. what are the other advantages?
    Also, if I upgrade, is there a free program I can use to back all my stuff up before the upgrade? I dont have much on there though, basically just my contacts, some pictures and video, and Flashlight. TIA for the help! :2cool:
  2. Bozz

Bozz New Member

I had many stability problems with my Q9c and it was suggested I go to WM6.1, so I did... it is much better now.

Try Dashwire to help with your contacts and photo backups (and txt messages too), itis free and a nice thing to have on it anyway.

It seems like my update I did actually asked me if I wanted to backup and restore my address book and stuff... someone else here can confirm.

Sprite is the best total backup program available, but I didn't have any luck going from one OS version to the next when I tried.

Bozz
  3. mk-Zero

mk-Zero New Member

Thanks for the reply! I think I am going to upgrade it!
    Does dashwire only let you back it up with their server and not with your PC? I don't have a data plan right now, but I use active sync to sync it with Outlook for work.
  4. rfarrah

rfarrah New Member

6.1 seems to work better than 6.0. Threaded text plus sliding panels - too cool.
  5. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

dashwire only uses data
  6. softspirits

softspirits Guest

Definately upgrade, also, there have been A LOT of discussions about this topic so I would strongly recommend you search within everything Q for some more input. I know I had a to say about it when I first upgraded a while back, can't remember it all right now :p. Good Luck!
  7. mk-Zero

mk-Zero New Member

Thank you everyone for your replies! :smile: