WM 6.1 error stating something changed

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by hoffm11, Nov 7, 2008.

1. sherri

sherri Active Member

I don't have either! I have the original Q, with WM5 on it...I do remember reading that some other problems required the "double master reset", and it helped, so I figure if you have nothing to lose....
  2. hoffm11

hoffm11 New Member

I tried this. Still get the RESTART message.. urg!
  3. sherri

sherri Active Member

Ouch! Sorry, I fold....:frown:
  4. MadMangs

MadMangs New Member

Hi all... new to posting on the boards but have been lurking for awhile.

I had this error pop up recently. It occurred on my Sprint MotoQ 9c as well. The funny thing about it was the error popped up at exactly the same time the clocks were supposed to change (from day light savings time to standard). I just happened to be awake that Saturday night and noticed the phone have a fit when it was time for clocks to change. Also... for about 2 days after the clock change, all my text messages came thru with the wrong time (it was 1 hour off, as if their server didn't make the time change). Sprint had to fix the 1 hour off problem on their end by escalating it to their 2nd tier support.

Anyway... I had the error and to make it stop, I went into settings\Phone Settings\Clock & Time Zone (it's on the 2nd page of phone settings).

Turn Clock Update and Time zone update off (if they're set to automatic), which mine are by default (Sprint Phone tho).

Reboot you're phone. You may have to bypass the error message once to get to your home screen (by selecting "later"). After you get to the home screen, reboot the phone a second time.

After I got a clean boot (the 2nd time), I went back in and set them back to automatic and all was well after that.

Hope this works for ya man.

as for verizon telling you to call microsoft... i can tell you with absolute certainty that they are not supposed to pass calls on to microsoft. They have tech people there that are supposed to deal with phone and operating system problems and they're supposed to keep trying until you're satisfied or they'll have to let you bail out of your contract without penalty.
  5. cindra

cindra Active Member

Welcome to Everything Q, MadMangs! :)
  6. MadMangs

MadMangs New Member

Thanks for the welcome Cindra
  7. hoffm11

hoffm11 New Member

Thanks for the help. I tried it and it still asks me to restart! URG. I guess I have to live with this. I have a feeling is has to do with WM 6.1 and Exchange 2007. If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.
  8. MadMangs

MadMangs New Member

Sorry it didn't work out for you man. You could be right about exchange 2007. I'm not using it on my phone so I can't say one way or another. I was thinking of adding it as the company I work for has no problem with it. I just don't know if I want my work email on my phone. I just have my comcast account monitored by the phone for the time being.