With wm6.1 is it select all or nothing?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Cuvée Brute, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Cuvée Brute

Cuvée Brute New Member

With wm6.1 is it select all or nothing?

Hi, thanks to mexiken both here and on motomoddinguk for getting my q to a 6.1. thankz

I did wimp out on installing the version that was suggested for Telstra users, as there was no feedback, but installed the nolocked version thus giving me nice at+t logo's on my phone. Apart from losing my Telstra Biz settings and I cant access the portal, though having installed the verisign version of operamini 4.1 on top of jbed(thanks rainmakerrc) I have the internet I need anyway. Plus my gmail works so I dont have any issues.

The UI looks brilliant and thanks again it was worth the trouble.

So to the question, I opened up a word doc and cant for the life of me work out how to select just a word or a line. It has a select all feature in the edit menu along with cut copy and paste but I've tried key combos and I've scoured these threads but I would like to know if:-
    a) there is a way to select parts of a document and not just selct all?
    b) are there key shortcuts for this

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.
  2. johnhodg

johnhodg New Member

Tesltra 6.1 ROM Q9H

Don't have an answer for your question but I am also on Telstra in Australia, can you link to the ROM you used to do the upgrade, I've had little success.

jh

3. ptlee8202

ptlee8202 New Member

There is an option right below the edit in the menu called selection mode. You choose that select from the cursor position. Then, you go to the edit option to tell it to cut or copy what you have selected.
  4. Cuvée Brute

Cuvée Brute New Member

I'm sorry I havent replied sooner, since i did my upgrade I have'nt been back to this forum and I only noticed your reply going through my gmail the other day.

Did you have any luck finding the links yet?

[EDIT} If you get stuck all the info you need was in a thread by mexiken titled "I have windows 6.1 (insert jaw drop ....)" The thread points to a UK website where he is a mod www. motomoddinguk.info
  5. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Two months later??? Wow... my girl gets upset when I'm 5 mins late?
  6. Cuvée Brute

Cuvée Brute New Member

Its a good thing then that she's your girlfriend :p
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hehehe :tounge:
  8. Cuvée Brute

Cuvée Brute New Member

I finally tried your advice out today in word and it works like a charm. Thanks a lot.

The only thing is, now I want it to select while I'm in an online forum, and I want to rapidly select a large portion of a posters comment, to delete it such that only the bit I want to reply to accompanies my post. I use operamini 4.1. Any suggestions?