Wired Headset? + Charging + Outlook/Word+ Business Phone?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by QToronto, Feb 24, 2008.

1. QToronto

QToronto New Member

Wired Headset? + Charging + Outlook/Word+ Business Phone?

Hello, I'm Greg from Toronto,Canada and am 98% certain of purchasing a Q 9h. I just need some confirmation from this group that the phone would be a good fit as I am a business user (sales) who uses my phone approx. 3,100 min/month (I rarely use a land line). I'm lucky that I have an old 24/7 unlimited min and web plan for one low price!

It's critical for me that I use a wired headset so that my clients don't think that I am on a cellular. My current Sony p910 allows me to simultaneous use my wired headset/mic and charge the phone on a base at the same time. Will the Q 9h allow me to use a wired headset and charge the phone at the same time? If not, any suggestions?

The address function is critical for me as I call at least 40 to 60 different people per day and my address book contains about 3,500 contacts. As the Sony P910 is a touch screen it's VERY easy to find people quickly and to call them. Is the Q9h as simple to find and call people? Will I have any issues as a "power user" that I'll find annoying?

Finally, I'm constantly syncing my calendar (for my sales calls), updating my contacts and reading Word documents and Power Point presentations over my phone. Again, are there any annoying glitches that I'll find with this phone.

As my phone is my business lifeline and is critical to my financial success it is important that I choose one that a power business user would find "outstanding". Do you believe that the q 9h fits the bill and that I'd be happy? Thanks, Greg :2cool:
  2. DrQ

DrQ New Member

I don't think you will have any troubles with your requirements. You may need a third party PIM like Agenda One, Extreme Agenda or Papyrus. I recommend trying all three.

The Q charges via a mini USB port and your wired headset would work through the 2.5 mm plug simultaneously. Although the BT headsets are remarkable these days for voice quality.

Although I have both Mobile Office and Documents to Go, I don't use them much being retired. I hope some others can help there. I am not fond on working Excel file on the small screen.
  3. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

first of all, QToronto, do your office uses Microsoft Exchanger server for mail/contact/task/calendar? If so, I would strongly recommend MS windows mobile devices because it makes syncing and accessing the latest information of your PIM within your finger tips real time. I have not tried a 3500 contacts, but I have 500-600 contacts in my pda, and never worried to lose it because it's sync directly from exchange server (my previous Treo was stolen, and I could setup a new contact list on my new Q9h easily by syncing directly with exchange server within seconds). To access it, I just type in the name in the contact list, and it will filter it automatically. To me, 'stock is best', and I never rely on third party software because I just need simple but quick access, those third party are overly sophiscated imho.

and yes, I 'm echoing the use of BT handsfree set, instead of wired headset. In fact, your client will be less suspicious of you using cellular with BT headset vs if you use it with a wired headset.
  4. mexiken

mexiken New Member

My only thing for you is, and I don't know if Dr. Q has one but the Q9h I have doesn't (and this is my 3rd one) have a 2.5 mm plug. It only has the mini usb plug, so you might not get that functionality out of it. However, if you use a Jawbone by Aliph, it works WONDERS. People can't even tell I'm on a bluetooth, even with the windows down. Its pretty good. Bulky, but I've yet to try an earpiece that works better.
  5. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Thanks I forgot the Q9H is the only one w/o the 2.5 mm plug recepticle. Does the mini USB on that allow the USB wired headsets that do not work on the other Q's to wqork on the Q9h. Or is the only music porting via BT?
  6. ryant35

ryant35 Member

Be sure you have a charger in your car and were ever you go stop. With as many calls as you are talking about you will need to charge a lot.
  7. dwboston

dwboston New Member

The AT&T Q9h is microUSB not miniUSB. There is a microUSB to 3.5mm headphone adapter included with the AT&T version and also a microUSB to miniUSB adapter. You can't charge the device while using either adapter with a wired headset. A bluetooth headset is the way to go if you want to charge simultaneously while using a headset.
  8. QToronto

QToronto New Member

Can't charge and use headset + need car charger

RE: I'll be draining the battery. Do you recommend my purchasing the "super large" battery that I see on the site? Greg
  9. jchtrumpet

jchtrumpet New Member

Yes, I think the extended battery is what you will want to be sure and get.
  10. dwboston

dwboston New Member

The AT&T Q9h comes with the extended battery and extended battery door. It's a pretty good deal considering all of the stuff included in the box.
  11. QToronto

QToronto New Member

I ordered the Phone and Jawbone

Thanks to everyone who helped me as I called Fido/Rogers and ordered the Q9h. Also based on everyone "raving" about the product I purchased the Jawbone ear piece. In some ways, I feel a little sad as I've been a Sony Ericsson phone person for years and years and except for the high speed data transfer which I now want my touch screen P910i has served me incredibly well. I'll miss it. Cheers and once again thanks for helping me firm up my decision to move on and get the Q9h. Cheers, Greg
  12. zenkinz

zenkinz New Member

I have tried P910 before. You will love Q9h keyboard so much that you think P910 qwerty keyboard is for kid! :tounge:
  13. drait

drait New Member

You'll be quite pleased with both the Q9h and the Jawbone! I'm a bit envious though; the Canadian Q9 comes with the nicer black housing. You might also get one of the phones that has the disabled wifi chip.