Wino 6.1 4q9m?1

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by cyberia, Nov 3, 2008.

1. cyberia

cyberia New Member

Wino 6.1 4q9m?1

What's the deal? Why are we left hanging like so many chads? Is there any explanation for porting to the newer q9c and not the q9m? WTF?

Henry M
    http://www.urdomain.us/kcuf.htm
  2. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

This board= Deja vu...........
  3. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

probably because the Q9c is newer...
    if you have RSD lite and the proper rom file, you can flash your Q9m with the 6.1 rom for the Q9c, basically turning your Q9m into a Q9c (since when you get down to it they are the same phone anyway)
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

do a little research
    you can get 6.1 for the Q9m...its just the Q9c rom
    it works

youll find what you need at EQ...take a minute to look around
    youd be amazed at what you can find
  5. cyberia

cyberia New Member

I shouldn't need to hack my phone to update it!

I know about the q9c rom; it's an unsupported hack. It's my undertanding that *228 is unadvisable after the hack. If Verizon thought that it was equally good for both phones, they would have released it as such!

I'll ask my original question again, and it would be great if someone who has an answer gives it rather than a snippy, unresponsive response: Why is there no 6.1 from Moto or Verizon for the q9m?

Are they trying to push us all onto the curve if we want a phone that works?

6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

Motorola isn't the one that decides whether to release updates or not. that is the carrier, as to why they didn't release an update for the Q9m. You could call or email VZW CS and ask about it
  7. spork27

spork27 Member

Since I don't know anyone on these forums who can say they are an official mouthpiece I'm going to have to say you aren't going to get what you want here.

As has been said, you'd need contact Verizon directly to find your answer since they are the ones who dictate when/if upgrades are released.

(I wonder if this was snippy enough:whistling)
  8. cyberia

cyberia New Member

Motorola creates the update. I have no reason to believe that they have done so for the q9m.

"You could call or email VZQ?!" Yeah, right Paco. That's always worked in the past....
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

yes, Moto creates the updates. but VZW is the one that requests them. Motorola won't update a phone's software unless the carrier asks for it.
    that being said, there is someone on here that has been saying that VZW did release 6.1 for the Q9m a few months ago. not sure if it's real or not though...
  10. Cheddarhead

Cheddarhead New Member

verizon wants us to buy a new phone thats why they arent upgrading q9m to 61. personally i am salivating over the htc touch pro slider. but if it turns out verizon again crippled the specs i will switch to att or sprint to get the touch pro te way htc designed it. cheddarhead
  11. Eric The Duke

Eric The Duke New Member

Someone in the Q9c forum stated there was a Q9m ROM with Windows 6.1. A Motorola employee also told me that there was a 6.1 ROM for the Q9m, but they were having problems with it and that's why it hasn't been released. He said he doesn't know if it will still see a release or not.

On another note, there was another person on the Q9c forum that knew the Q9c ROM would hit motorola software update the day before it was released. Perhaps that perosn would give us some info on the Q9m ROM.