Windows XP q(uestion) ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rudeboy, Jul 2, 2007.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

Windows XP q(uestion) ?

ok, here's the thing (for the pc savvy folks) the company that rents space from us and i do their pc's/network/web site.. anyway, they have 5 pc's and 2 Windows CD's (XP Pro) there might be other cd's somewhere in the warehouse (they moved to our building about 18 months ago. still not everything is unpacked)

i figured i would check the product key with what you can see in System > General.. checked and i don't think those 2 are necessarily the same. is there any other way to verify which cd goes with which Windows ?

thanks..
  2. Suture

Suture New Member

It is located the registry, but it's encrypted. You can find 3rd party utilities that can extract it though.
  3. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

4. bpaul24

bpaul24 New Member

And I thought you knew everything RB. Good to see even you have questions. :)
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

i do... just proof i am human :}

(ps. posted a few question threads when you were absent, and did not get many replies *pouts* :}

ok, thinking about buying this: http://www.product-key.com ..here is what puzzles me a bit, the key needs to be entered during install, so how can this program find the reg code ?

*mumbles didn't have enough coffee.. why am i cleaning up other peoples crap... grmbl*

:}

thanks guys...
  6. FourTwenSesh

FourTwenSesh Active Member

Don't you just want the version posted in my link above?
  7. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well, yes i guess so... but like i said, the reg/cd code is needed while i am installing XP.