Windows Phone 7 vs Android

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Aug 5, 2010.

1. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

What apps do you currently have on your Droid X? How many are paid apps?
  2. Michael Melton

Michael Melton New Member

So true, but I do craigslist and sell old phones and buy them out right. Do that and you can still get a new WP7. I don't let contracts slow me down.
  3. chris

Same here, but it's of course a necessity that I use phones for the sites I run. I just picked up a brand new Palm Pre Plus for $230, with no commitment. I could have waited for the unlocked dev Pre 2, but I think they are going to price that at $400 or up. I can't see paying for what is a stop gap device.

Has anyone seen the no-commitment pricing on the Samsung Focus?
  4. matty032

matty032 New Member

I am on Verizon, and there is no mention of them getting any Windows Phone 7 device. Just the iPhone. I wonder if/when Verizon will get a Windows Phone?
  5. chris

I don't think they'll be far behind. I suspect they'll announce a "hero" device that might very well be a flagship WP7 phone at CES. Wishful thinking maybe, but I think they wanted a big splash. None of the launch devices appear to stand out. Sprint and/or Verizon might use CES to do just that. It also gives WP7 a few months to gain some traction.
  6. matty032

matty032 New Member

I only have about ten bucks in apps. Most are free. Have about 40. And I can live without any of them.