Windows Phone 7 Series Hands-On

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by chris, Feb 15, 2010.

1. sassyboy2412

sassyboy2412 New Member

It's great ... will motorola release any phones using this O/S???
  2. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

I actually somewhat agree with the banned Spammer.
    Keep in mind as I type this I am a LONGTIME MS FAN.... but I have had it. This is the last straw.
    I don't think the iPhone will be FAR superior to this WinMo phone, but come on Microsoft... once again late to the party.
    You were late to the party with the Zune. Got crushed by everyone and had to play catch up.
    Now it's happening with the phone market.
    MS should have had a touch screen phone with the Q9C. Tell me "Sliding Panels" wouldn't have been a fully functional (and COOL!!!) way to run your Q9C? The iPhone has been out for 3 years now? Droids for close to a year? And you still don't have a release date for a Win7 phone?
    And to top it off it looks like they are abandoning WM 6.5. Already? Really?
    I want to CRY when I look at the MS Marketplace for 6.5. 300 or so apps? Really MS? 95% of which cost money? And now all you are developing are Win7Moby apps?

I'm done MS. My next phone will be something Droid-like. I'm sorry. I tried to be your biggest cheerleader for so long. I give up. I am tired of supporting the Market Follower!
  3. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

PS to the owners/mods of this site. The WINDOWS 7 PHONE link on the main forum page is broken (as is the one in this forum). It just takes you back to the main forum page.
  4. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

thank you, we will get it fixed.
  5. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

This should be fixed. If you are experiencing any trouble, please let me know.

Thanks for the heads up. Otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed.
  6. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

yup, works for me now
    thanks Chris
  7. chris

Good thing, I suspect it's going to get pretty busy in these parts very soon.
  8. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

He said optimistically.
    ;)

I have finagled my way out of the Windows Mobile universe and got myself a Droid finally.
    Bye Microsoft. You snoozed. You losed.
    I am sure your new OS will be awesome. I will check back with you in a year. I am not optimistic that I will be back. I am tired of being let down by you.

Bye all my friends at EverythingWM. I am off to EverythingAndroid.
    hehehe
    (I will stop by once in awhile...I still support a few Winmoby phones... though they may not last either as people keep bailing from them in my office)

PS I have had more ACTUAL FUN with my Droid phone in ONE day then I have in 3 years of Windows Mobile.
  9. chris

Look forward to seeing you over at everythingAndroid. Don't forget to download the beta version of the everythingAndroid app -- there is a link on the homepage.

Is the forum working ok for you?
  10. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Haven't tried it on the Droid yet. I'll be heading over there soon. There's an app for that? Sweet!! ;)
  11. Chack

Chack Guest

Hello everyone I need to turn the language panel in the right bottom corner of the screen, does anyone know how to do that?
  12. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

@ Chack: You mean in Windows 7, I assume??

@ the collective: Finally watched the demos. Really? Looks like a blatant Android/iPhone copy.
    I understand there isn't much ground to break right now, but. I didn't see anything in that demo that no other phone does... except for Xbox Live Integration. Really? Yea, everyone is clamoring for that Microsoft. ;)

I wish you luck Microsoft!!
  13. LeeRain

LeeRain Banned

The specs of WM7 make the OS sound like Apple, yet from the videos you've posted Chris, its quite "Zuney". I'm not so sure that is a good idea from Micro-hardheaded. I think they should've left the old OS alone with minor tweaks.
  14. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Agreed. I really think MS was onto something fun and unique with "Sliding Panels".

Now it looks like a clone of many other things.