Windows Phone 7 Marketplace Not Available In Your Country? – Here’s How to Get Access to It!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by Redux7, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Redux7

Redux7 Member

A simple way to access from outside the 17 countries (Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States) currently supported.

The process involved setting your location to one of the supported countries both on your device and in Zune.net.

Being outside the supported countries (Thailand) this is great. As I have two laptops, one for work and the other is personal. My personal laptop was purchased in the States and the Marketplace software was downloaded while in the States. I had access to Marketplace only with my US purchased and downloaded software. However now I have access on both computers since I have followed the below listed instructions. This worked great for me. I have already tried as I am writing this post.

http://www.esphoneblog.com/2010/10/...your-country-heres-how-to-get-access-to-it-2/#mce_temp_url#

Below a screen shot from my BKK location
    ScreenShot.JPG

2. meridian

meridian Member

This is very interesting. What happens if you change your locale back later? Is your access cut off?
  3. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Well i changed from Thailand to UK and Now to US but I still have access to the marketplace.
    I still have access.
  4. meridian

meridian Member

Tried this yesterday and it no longer worked. Guess they must have figured out the country on the credit card didn't match the locale country. Sigh. If anyone manages to get it to work, please let me know.
  5. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Strange ! still works on my end.
    Changed from US to UK again but still worked.
    Something is off here.