Windows Mobile upgrade from 6 to 6.1 and Outlook

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by six, Feb 16, 2009.

1. six

six New Member

Windows Mobile upgrade from 6 to 6.1 and Outlook

Hi,

I just did the upgrade from WM 6 to 6.1 yesterday and ever since my Outlook is not showing my work emails (private pda). I have read about the issues with Exchange 2007 but that is not the issue I am experiencing.

Spent a few hours searching and looked around here as well but not finding answer. Anyone else have this problem / fix?

Thanks,

Six
  2. mschieber

mschieber New Member

I just got the link to my Wm6 to 6.1 and can not get it to take. any tricks you had when flashing?
  3. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I just did it on Saturday, one problem, it resets your phone. I did it right after buying the phone and after I started making registry changes & installing programs so I had to do it all again.
  4. six

six New Member

The upgrade was pretty smooth for me once I paid attention so I could unlock my screen when prompted after reboots. I downloaded it to my PC and installed from there. Not sure if you are trying that way or from Motorola site directly from your Q9c?
  5. six

six New Member

Just wanted to provide an update in case anyone experiences this type of problem in the future...

Oddly, I noticed that I was able to add an outlook meeting from my Q9c that synched with Exchange and was viewable on my PC. So that meant it just wasn't synching my email.

What worked was going under email settings and the items to synchronize I unchecked email then turned the pda off then on and then rechecked the email box. The email then began to work and synch. Go figure...

six