Windows Mobile MarketPlace .CAB!!!! Come and get it!!

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by kareljack, Oct 5, 2009.

1. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Windows Mobile MarketPlace .CAB!!!! Come and get it!!

The talented folks over at xda-developers have extracted the .cab for Marketplace and it works for WinMo 6.0 and 6.1
    I just installed it onto my Q9h and it works! I just downloaded and installed the *new* app for Myspace and am giving it a whirl - it's alright..better than the current facebook app.
    So head on over and grab the .cab. Hopefully Marketplace gets really populated soon.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=4669566&postcount=549
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

geez and here i thought you posted a link :dft011:tounge_out
  3. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Doh!!! I was a bit distracted by using both the new Myspace app and the Marketplace app. Heh heh... whoops.
    Edited the original post and added the link.
  4. n99hockey

thanks! :dft010:big_smile
  5. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Bit off topic..but the Myspace app is actually kinda cool. But I migrated to Facebook a while ago and the Myspace mobile page is actually very well done..much improved over the previous version.
    Like Facebook, you really dont need an app since the mobile site is very functional.
  6. bobby-n

bobby-n New Member

Doesnt work on original Q : /
  7. n99hockey

works for wm6 and wm6.1 only
  8. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

Gak!!! Just saw this..it seems that the Market Place application only installs apps to the phone, *NOT* to the sd card.
    That's a huge strike in my opinion. Seriously, Microsoft.. WTF?! Are you really that clueless??
  9. n99hockey

ooooh thats not good
  10. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

I got it workin on my Q9h and Fuze. Yes, I hope they give us a choice where to install on next update of app.

What I like:

It recognizes what type of phone you have and it only shows apps that's compatible with your phone.

When you switch phones, it will prompt you to download apps compatible with current phone that was downloaded on previous or other phones. (This is possible because you sign in using a hotmail/live account).

You can also manage/shop apps online then download them to your phone later.
    https://marketplace.windowsphone.com/Overview.aspx

You can choose pay method: phone bill or credit card.
  11. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

just installed it on the q9c and so far, so good.
  12. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

There was an update available when I last started the app, but I did not see any visible changes.
  13. riskybzns

riskybzns Active Member

probably doing that to update apps
  14. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I dunno... from what I can tell, Marketplace doesnt cache information regarding available apps..it's refreshed when you start it up and when you change categories and views.
  15. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

I had to try it and installed the AP News app. The system worked but Google Reader is much better than the AP app.

Not installing to the Card is a non-starter. Thanks for the heads up on that.