Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrade..IE not as good..

Discussion in 'Samsung Jack' started by divkin1, Jan 12, 2010.

1. divkin1

divkin1 New Member

Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrade..IE not as good..

I just upgraded my Samsung Jack to 6.5 yesterday. I've been playing around with it all day today and noticed that it doesnt seem as fast as when it had 6.1 on it. I just noticed that it has more programs on it now such as: Vlingo, Marketplace, Online Filelocker (which says coming soon when I click it). It also has a few cosmetic changes around the OS, but to me I dont think it was worth doing the upgrade.
    The new Internet Explorer isnt as good as I thought it would be. Flash support is there but it seems to slow down the whole browsing process. The old Internet Explorer seems faster at browsing even though it lacked features. The page rendering takes some getting used to. I dont think I could ever get used to it though. There is no way to switch from single column, fit to screen, or desktop settings anymore. The views are mobile or desktop. Also, there seems to be a lot of scrolling that you have to do to navigate through the webpage you are viewing. Zoom functions are more of a hassle to use. Skyfire would be better and easier to use. I just miss using the old IE in single column mode. It was more faster and I could also use 2 and 8 to scroll through pages quicker. If anybody knows how to downgrade to the old IE 6.1 please post.
  2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

One column is gone???? That was crucial. Opera 8.65 might work. WM 6.5 is now dead to me. Brent likes the TP2 but I will stick with my Q9c.
  3. txter

txter New Member

ive always used Opera. their are alot of builds out. right now I use Opera 10.
  4. divkin1

divkin1 New Member

..I forgot to mention that with the wm6.5 upgrade, it also changed the medianet browser. When you press the att logo next to the gps button, it opens a different type of browser that seems all to similar to opera mini. Its actually easy to use. The only problem is that if Im using my wifi, it wont connect. On 3G it works great. Does anybody out there have any more experiences or comments about 6.5 on the Jack?