Windows Mobile 6.1 upgrade for Moto Q Global

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Ron Gerstner, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Yes! Please!!! This thread is starting to annoy me. Damn you AT&T!!!!
  2. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Good luck on that. I bet ANOTHER 6.1 thread will be started by the end of the week.

I planned to just start a new thread once its released, if I'm the first to post about it. That way, we can talk about the update process, changes, etc. in a seperate topic than this.

If you don't want to be disappointed, then just do what I did, bookmark the update page at Moto, and you'll know before you come here. Thats what I do :frown:
  3. dhatch93

dhatch93 New Member

might be there?

Hey- can someone with a free moment check the Motorola link. It looks like a different placeholder now (or hopefully the correct update!). I'm at work in the middle of stuff and can't download/install it to see if it's acutally there now. But the link from Xebec (page 9 or 10 I think) doesn't have that huge file anymore & it also asks for when you bought your Q9h to make sure it's still covered.

AT&T still isn't on the dropdown for service providers, but this is still something new worth investigating. Sorry I can't do it right now; otherwise I would!
  4. Xebec

Xebec Member

I think they took the link off because so many people were checking it. The update is still not out and from the looks of things, it won't be until 4th quarter. There is a direct link to the update which is still just a place holder. I've given up on my weekly calls to AT&T and Motorola because all you get is the run around from both of them.

Edit: Just for kicks I did actually download and attempt to run the file. It says the same thing as before: "There are currenly no updates for your phone". The reason it is small is because it contains no firmware, just the update program that will download the firmware when it is available. The larger 55.1 placeholder download contains both the update program and firmware update for a different model Q.
  5. Xebec

Xebec Member

Looks like the Global Ops were wrong.
  6. mexiken

mexiken New Member

They weren't wrong per say, they just weren't expecting to run into a snag with the messaging system. Thats why businesses don't like to give solid dates, because when they run into snags like this, they don't make the date they promised people, and then it just builds resentment from the consumer. Had they not, the update would be out already. At least we know they were still working on it, because they changed from, paraphrasing here, 'we don't know if its coming out', to, 'sorry for the delay, we have had problems with the messaging tool, its currently not compatible'
  7. igotaq

igotaq New Member

8. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

After all the false starts...I'll believe it when I've downloaded it.
    As it is, I may be looking for a new phone anyway. I am not pleased with the battery life on my Q9H.
  9. mexiken

mexiken New Member

I've just started to notice that the battery life on mine isn't that great either. But then again, I use it heavily.
  10. tinsider

tinsider New Member

Update from Global Ops...

" The 6.1 upgrades for the Q9, Tilt , and Blackjack 2 will be released this month (July). The Pantech Duo won't have the 6.1 update until October."
  11. mexiken

mexiken New Member

Well, it seems as though we have 2 seperate sources saying July. Anyone wanna take a shot on the day ????

I'm saying July 14th.
  12. armaniazn1

armaniazn1 New Member

I call July 15th 4:48pm.
  13. cindra

cindra Active Member

July 27, 3:30 pm :tounge:
  14. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I'm predicting that July will pass by with no update and another series of lame statements from AT@T and Motorola.
  15. ChiefT

ChiefT New Member

I think when AT&T has screwed its existing customers, forced them to buy another phone or go to another carrier then they will release it and to boot they may charge us.:laugh2:
  16. acedj123

acedj123 New Member

my prediction...July 31st at 11:59PM PDT. The last possible moment in the month of July for the CONUS.
  17. armaniazn1

armaniazn1 New Member

that does make sense, but wait a second. did they mean THIS july or 2009?
  18. n0nexistence

n0nexistence New Member

I've increased my battery life by using the task manager as my right hot key to kill any applications I'm not using and decreasing my back light timeout. With occasional use of my video player and my NES emulator I still can get 3 days out of a charge (w/ extended battery).
  19. kareljack

kareljack Active Member

I'm using the regular battery and by 3:30pm the battery display under 'power settings' is just about at the halfway point. This is during normal workday usage where I probably make a couple of calls totalling 10 minutes if even that long. I know that texting, some websurfing, some instant messenger, the email polling will drain the battery... but halfway by 3:30????.. that's pretty shitty.
  20. mexiken

mexiken New Member

You're doing surfing, im, and texting ???? Is ur texting set to vibrate ???? If so, you're getting good life, you're just a heavy user, like me.