Windows Mobile 6.1 update?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Justintime, May 27, 2008.

1. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

There's a video from WMExperts on Windows Mobile 6.1.

It has threaded text, cut and paste, and a better homescreen among other things. According to the Windows mobile junkies on that site the features work better when Microsoft or the phone manufacturers integrate them into the phone.

That said, I think Verizon will get this update eventually on its 6.0 devices. It's just that they take their own sweet time testing, approving, and castrating stuff. So, they like to hold back on the announcements.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

in some -maybe most- cases i agree, but if i look at some basic default build-in stuff like the PIM, i can't agree with that theory...

potQ.
  3. Justintime

Justintime New Member

True, I just thought of that. Verizon doesn't even have alot of devices because they never passed their rigorous testing. :/
  4. lil_sunshine

lil_sunshine New Member

I agree with you here. I could never go back to the default calendar after using Papyrus. :laugh2:
  5. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

I made the list. Wonder how Sprint is going to let us know when we can upgrade?????
  6. corwin

corwin New Member

The castrating part I think is the key. With the Q9c's GPS being disabled so they can sell VZNavigator. I bet the raw update would activate it, and VZW is trying to figure out how to break it again. :angry:
  7. Jigga9

Jigga9 New Member

extreme text is waaaack

Extreme text is annoying, i dont like that it has to load and then asks if I want Outlook or Extreme text... poor interface. Also I can't figure out how to uninstall extreme text. It doesnt show up in my 'remove programs' list, there doesnt seem to be a 'uninstall' option in the extreme text menus; and when i tried to simply delete all the extreme text files i couldn't read any texts at all as it simply said 'extreme text app not found' so i had to reinstall from scratch.
  8. Justintime

Justintime New Member

I wanted the built in software for that reason, so that I don't have to worry about running into problems like that.

Also, it works very well from what I have seen...which is why I want the 6.1 update!!! lol
  9. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

According to a thread on Howardforums, the update IS out, however, Motorola Update servers have been offline. Catch 22. Anyone get Motorola Updater to at least say that there's no update available??
  10. UPdownLoAD

UPdownLoAD New Member

Sry for the double-post....

I just tried the Motorola Software Updater, and it said no new version of software was available. Doh!
  11. Boe

Boe New Member

Let me give the updater a try...
  12. Boe

Boe New Member

"No available updates at this time" Are we sure they are providing the upgade via the updater?

Post via Moto Q9c
  13. jae.keyz

jae.keyz New Member

Extreme Text sucks hippo balls.. and thats that. lol
  14. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

........why?
    and is that really necessary?