Windows Mobile 6.1 Update for Sprint Q9c Released

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Noodlez, Jun 3, 2008.

1. coolpoete

coolpoete Member

2. tmusquiez

tmusquiez Member

I know this update is ancient, but seeing as how I still have a Q9C, can I still update to WM6.1? Even if that's possible, is it worth it?
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

4. mhans311

mhans311 Member

You can still update to 6.1 and it is definitely worth it. If I remember right, 6.0 doesn't have sliding panels. Upgrading to 6.1 will give you sliding panels which is a great UI for a non-touchscreen device. There are a lot of other benefits to upgrading that I can't remember right now. If you search around these forums you will find some threads that talk about the advantages of upgrading.
  5. tmusquiez

tmusquiez Member

So I emailed Sprint, and asked about the update, and they replied:

"Thank you for contacting Sprint. I appreciate that you want to upgrade your phone to WM 6.1. Your phone line #---- has qualified for all the rebates including the $150.00 instant rebate. You can buy any phone at the online price whichis equivalent to the cost of activating a new line. As of now, we are not offering WM 6.1. You can buy a Sprint phone by logging on to Sprint.com & selecting My Sprint or by calling us at (866) 789-8292."

My brother also has a Q9C on Pocket that is 6.1. From what I hear it's worth it, but I haven't had much tiem to search around to find the update process. From what I understand, I might have to place the phone into bootloader mode or something. Anyway I'll dig around and update my success/failure...