Windows Mobile 6.1 Update for Sprint Q9c Released

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Noodlez, Jun 3, 2008.

1. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Went to the local sprint store that has tech support and they were simply helpless on the 6.1 upgrade. Also I called Motorola and spoke to their tech and he simply said that I had the most recent software available.. *sigh*.
  2. destinydmm

destinydmm New Member

Help!!!

I have upgraded to 6.1, i had CHome, NRG Weather, Google Maps, Windows Live w/o messanger, Pnotepad, tgetfile, Pocket Nester, Dashwire, Prosper's Black Scheme (black soft keys hack), NET CF 3.5, RegEcit, Resco Explorer, HTC Unlock & Vito Copy Paste, as far as apps go.
    I was going to add Windows Live Search but it had frozen my Q9 on WM 6.0.:thumbdown
    I backuped my contacts, appts, SMS, etc. through pim.vol file, and changed my sprint banner.
    I have had to Hard Reset three times :angry:. First at a sprint store, once on my own and I will need to do it again at a sprint store b/c my prob now is that my phone will freeze/get stuck at the "Windows Mobile version 6.1" green screen. and WILL NOT turn on after that.it will sit there for hours on end. i am don't know what to do.
    ANY ONE PLZ HELP ME :angry: :wacko:
  3. justinwalters

justinwalters New Member

Well that sucks!

I was able to get mine upgraded finally. had to end up using my mom's Win XP laptop. didn't even have a hiccup with it. Thanks for all the suggestions everybody!
  4. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I know I think it's the computer that I am using that is preventing me from doing the upgrade.. just need to find a nice soul that I know that would allow me to try and do the upgrade on their PC... heh heh.

I just wish that Sprint would get their act together and be able to do the upgrade.
  5. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

update on my phone, both what Sprite asked me to try and motorola couldn't bring it back :(

I just got my replacement from insurance today. oh well at least it has 6.1 preinstalled :)
  6. jglee311

jglee311 New Member

Anyone know if 6.1 is available yet for Alltel?
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

no its not and there is no indication it ever will be
  8. jglee311

jglee311 New Member

Of course!!! Why am I not suprised?!?

Thanks Scott.
  9. coolmkv69

coolmkv69 New Member

I don't mean to beat a dead horse but I just spent the last couple of hours to thoroughly look thru this thread to decide whether or not I should do the firmware update. After doing so, I have decided to do so and so far I have no complaints; just questions.

I was banking on using Dashwire.com for the backups and it worked but not fully to what I expected it to be. My texts messages didn't sync back into my phone. However, speed dials, contacts, and bookmarks did. I tried to manually sync the texts thru dashwire on the phone but nothing happened. I also turned off privacy mode to see if that would change anything; still no dice. Is there any answer to this?

I also would like to know if anybody has found the solution to the incoming call information "problem." I'm glad it the update allowed us to see what region phone calls were coming from, a feature I fully enjoyed on my Samsung A900M, but now it doesn't display which phone the person is using (h,w,m, etc.).

I may have missed a few things while reading the thread because for me it was 15 long pages so I apologize in advance but any help would be greatly appreciated.

As for specs, I used XP to do the update and I encountered no problems and I've also have had the phone since 10/2007 if this is pertinent info.
  10. dashwire

dashwire New Member

Currently, Dashwire syncs all the texts up to the dashboard on your computer. Unfortunately as of now, we don't bring them back down to your phone. It is definitely in our plans for the future, but right now we currently don't support it. Sorry!
  11. Parout

Parout New Member

Updated on Friday. No issues. Works great and the SMS works great. Love the slider bar for home page. A couple of caveats for those looking to upgrade:

• Make sure you install Windows Mobile Device Center before installing the OS if using a Vista computer. I have heard of problems trying to upgrade via ActiveSync on Vista.

• If you make international calls on your phone, be prepared to dial differently on 6.1 vs 6.0. I have been dialing for over a year using + and country code then # on 6.0. Would not work on 6.1. Must dial 011, country code, then # when dialing.
  12. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

WTF!?!... Where has the "Airplane Mode" disappeared to!?!
  13. rbrainard

rbrainard New Member

NEVERMIND!... I'm an idiot...

FYI:

You press and hold the HOME Key and press D or select Wireless Manager.
    From there, turn Phone OFF.
  14. riot

riot New Member

you can also goto Wireless Manager from the Settings panel :)
  15. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

ask again in September
  16. bbiillllus

bbiillllus New Member

yes i have "phone is not connected"

but it is.... active sync shows connected and syncs, but no luck -- phone is not connected.

So, I am unable to appl WM 6.1 to my Motorola Q9h. I know most people have no problems, but I'm having this problem and it's driving me nuts! Makes me want to turn this phone in and get something else, which I'm considering. I've seen various posts of this problem around the internet, but nobody has a solution that I've found.

Any pointers appreciated!
    -billb

17. bbiillllus

bbiillllus New Member

Firewall

Firewall issue, resolved. -billb

18. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Installed finally, with no problems so far.
  19. chardog

chardog New Member

So I'm out of my warranty; How do I get this Upgrade? Is there a way to flash my phone with someone else's backup image?
  20. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

if you find the Monster flash (or I believe you can use the ROM file if you can find it) you can use RSD lite to flash it. However flashing a Sprint Q is a bit more difficult. You need to use QPST to back some information up before you flash, and then restore it afterwards in order for your data to work