Windows Mobile 6.1 Update for Sprint Q9c Released

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Noodlez, Jun 3, 2008.

1. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I just want to get past the part where it tells me that the server is being updated...lol

I tried uninstalling the update software and reinstalling it and nothing .. I think for the moment I'm stuck till I go home tonight and I'll try it once more. After that I think I am going to just give up for a while.
  2. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

definitely reboot your pc after installing the motorola software and BEFORE connecting your Q
  3. jason470

jason470 New Member

So it is sounding like I should uninstall the Motorola Update software, reboot my computer. Reinstall the Motorola software and reboot. Master reset the Q. Start the software. Then plug in the Q?

Thanks!

Jason

Wishing this process wasn't so convoluted. Did anyone by chance get an update in the Sprint store?
  4. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

It does sound so much involved just to get an update.. I'm wondering also if anyone got it at the Sprint store.. sounds easier to get it there.
  5. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

that is exactly what you should try.
  6. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Cool I am going to try this when I get home tonight- keep your fingers crossed that it works for me please!!:frown:
  7. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

good luck!
  8. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Thanks I think I need it...lol :laugh2:
    I'll keep you all posted if I have problems still or whatever..hopefully it's good news.

Edit: Just got a text message from Sprint with the news of the 6.1 update...lol
  9. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

as did I, and I've had 6.1 for what, 6 weeks now?
  10. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

It's sometimes amazing how slow Sprint can be- I have been debating updating to 6.1 but now that I see how everyone for the most part likes it I need to do that.
  11. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Okay the bad news is that it didn't work..not sure what I did wrong but idk what to do now.. I'm so really mad at this- it keeps saying that the MOtorola server is being updated and to try again later.

Any ideas?
  12. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

just giving everyone an update on my ordeal with being locked out after trying to restore my info from sprite...

Sprint can't hard reset nor unlock the phone and I now have to wait at least 34 mins before being able to try to unlock the phone.

Sprite team told me to try to hard reset and then gave me some instructions to try and remove some sections from the registry, BUT that won't work since I can't even hard reset the phone.

Looks like I managed to brick this one (on supposed a minor update) in 3 months of ownership. Time to call Insurance and get a new one, sheesh this has turned into a mess...

To all who are reading. Don't use your older backup of sprite. Do a fresh install of your stuff and then back it up using the new version!
  13. Bass_Fishing#1

Bass_Fishing#1 New Member

I updated my Q9C this evening and everything works great, except you have to redo your e-mail set-up. Anyone else have this problem?
  14. marmarinou

marmarinou New Member

Sometimes the Motorola Software Update tool will display the "server is being updated" message if the "Use automatic configuration script" box is checked in Internet Explorer:

Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN settings

You may need to use a Proxy server setting instead of "Use automatic configuration script".
  15. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Ok I see what you were talking about but I don't have an address to use or a Port to give the information to try this out. Not sure what to do now.

I'm so frustrated with this already just wish that SPrint can do this in store and save me the heartache.
  16. dafoxs

dafoxs New Member

???mines on auto and it worked fine twice. Keep trying. I have not read everything you asked. did you try it off the sprint page?
  17. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

I tried the update off the phone itself and it kept saying that there's nothing to update.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm open for them .. totally fustrated at this point and might just stick with 6.0 if it's all a hassle.
  18. justinwalters

justinwalters New Member

Hi all, just registered on the site and I've been reading through this thread for a while trying to find an answer to my problem. So far I haven't but possible to have missed it I guess. Anyway, my issue is with the Motorola Sofware Updater program on my PC. When I try to run it I get this message:

Can't find script engine "VBScript" for script "C:\Users\JayWizzle\AppData\Local\Temp\check_hotfix_for_vista.vbs"

I have been on the phone with both Sprint and Motorola. Sprint just told me to take my Q to a service center and let them do the upgrade and Motorola just told me they would call me back. Right, I'm not holding my breath. Anybody here got any suggestions for me?

BTW... I just did a windows update on my PC and everything is up to date.
  19. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

Does the Sprint Store do a Windows 6.1 update for the Q9c? If so that would solve all my problems..lol
  20. justinwalters

justinwalters New Member

I was told by Sprint Customer Care that a "Sprint Service Center/Store" could do the update for you. I guess I'll find out Saturday when I'm outta town.