Windows Mobile 6.1 Update for Sprint Q9c Released

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Noodlez, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Angry Beaver

Angry Beaver New Member

Anyone else having problems when making/receiving phone calls and the screen not showing you which number (mobile, home or work) you're calling?

It's driving me nuts!!! If anyone knows where on the registry I can fix this, let me know!
  2. Que

Que New Member

I'm sorry Angry Beaver - my comment was not intended as a critism pointed directly at you.
    Rather, it was a sincere suggestion for improvement of the site.

I did not answer your question for the same reason you asked it - the search feature was too inconvenient to use from the phone, and I didn't want to bother with it. :wink:

From what I recall about your issue, that feature can be partially restored by contacting a Sprint CSR and having them change something on their end. However, I don't think there was a complete fix for this yet.
    Sorry I don't remember the specifics.
  3. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

just ran into a BIGGG problem. So 6.1 updated fine. I opened my sprite backup and let it do its thing, it rebooted, and now its asking for my pin, and the pin that I had on it i typed, and it doesn't work. I only had ONE pin!

What do i do! I cant get to anything!
  4. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

jetta try posting on their support forums.....
  5. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

on motorolas?
  6. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

I think he means Sprite Software's forum. What version of Sprite Backup do you have, btw? I thought I saw somewhere that only version 6.2 or higher will restore from backup with WM 6.1.
  7. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

No, I'd imagine on the support site of the manufacturer that developed your backup software.
  8. cirruslyloud

cirruslyloud New Member

Quicker than me, way to be.:laugh2:
  9. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

just emailed motorola support... hopefully there is a way to bypass the PIN... :-\

I have a strange feeling I am going to get stuck having to take it to the Sprint store and just get a new one, which I'm not sure about since I don't even see the Q9c on the website for my area.... :-(
  10. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

either way, its WM PIN its asking for, not Sprite... I didn't give any mention of the Sprite program to motorola, since they probably wouldn't want to help me then...
  11. jettachamp26

jettachamp26 New Member

just contacted the Sprite people too. Now I'll just have to sit and wait a little. hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow...
  12. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

I think i contacted them once, they are usually pretty prompt about it
  13. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

VERIZON to follow soon! "Soon" = sometime between NOW and the end of SEPTEMBER. :wink:
  14. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

The one thing that I noticed is different since my upgrade is now when I get a call under the phone number it has the state from which the call is coming. I have found this isnt always correct. Is there a way to turn this off?
  15. dltv

dltv New Member

Thanks i had no idea 6.1 was out.

I just updated no problems.. Still have my contacts!

Perfect! Gmail still working too!
  16. QnsPrincess

QnsPrincess New Member

grr it keeps saying that the server for Motorola is being updated... I can't update!
    :bangs head:

Anyone getting this message too?? Or am I doing something wrong? I have synched my phone before doing anything and have it plugged in via the USB port in my PC. I've been trying since 11pm (est) last night and keep getting that same message- that they're updating their server.
  17. jason470

jason470 New Member

Unable to Update

So, I have an issue similar to one earlier in this post but didn't see an answer. My q9c only syncs with ActiveSync when Advanced Network Functionality is disabled. When it is enabled, ActiveSync prompts that the phone is unable to connect and prompts for a self test to diagnose the issue which leads to no conclusive result. While disabling such functionality for ActiveSync isn't an issue for me, the Motorola update requires that Advanced Network Functionality be enabled. Therefore, when enabling the functionality and connecting the device to the usb cable and opening Motorola Software Update, the program is unable to recognize my phone.

Calls to Spinrt have resulted in trying to update the OS while the phone is off and trying to update in Boot Mode. Both of which failed. Motorola then said that it is possibly an issue with my USB ports not being new enough and reccomended that I send them the phone for the update. Which, I am unable to do as my cell phone is my primary means of communication.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason.
  18. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

did you hard reset your phone befoire you tried the update? it definitely makes a difference - as long as you have all your info synced with outlook! after the hard reset, you dont have to change any settings in the phone and it should work. hopefully that helps. also, is your usb cable connected directly to a usb port on your pc or is it running thru a hub or dock? it needs to be directly connected for proper communication.
  19. jason470

jason470 New Member

Yes, I did a hard reset with the phone about an hour or two before I tried the update, still no luck. Maybe I should try it immediately again. Also, I am using a laptop and have the usb connected directly to the laptop. Although, the laptop is about three years old, should that make a difference?

Thanks!
  20. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

i solved the motorola software is being updated by uninstalling and reinstalling the update software...like two hours after the first install. uninstall it, delete the motorola update folder in program files and download the file again from motorola...to be safe reboot and restart your phone and try again....worked for me