Windows Mobile 6.1 Update for Sprint Q9c Released

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Noodlez, Jun 3, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

i cant speak for the update
    but since its a PC app i dont see why it would work out

give it a shot
  2. Fenway

Fenway New Member

I am trying to find a link to do the update via phone as right now I don't have access to a windows desktop

can anybody post a direct link?

thanks
  3. freespeech4thedumb

freespeech4thedumb New Member

6.1 upgrade link

I have looked (seemingly) everywhere on Motorola's website for the 6.1 update link and can't find it. can someone please post it. I'm new to the smart phone game. just got my q9c about a month ago.

Thanks!
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

it's not a direct link to the update.
    go here
    and download the Motorola Software Update program. this will install the update (as well as any future MOL updates that may be released)
  5. cardenas5810

cardenas5810 New Member

hey...i just got a new computer and its a vista windows...i was wonderin if the active sync works with vista??
  6. igotaq

igotaq New Member

you need windows mobile device center fo vista.. get it from microsoft
  7. Fenway

Fenway New Member

I can not find a link that I can download from the phone itself frustrating since I am on the road
  8. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP New Member

You can't do the 6.1 update from the phone itself, you have to do it from a PC. It's about a 30 minute process with lots of ROM flashing. It's not something the device itself can do.
  9. blondie

blondie New Member

Delete Email

I saw the question posted like 20 pages back, but never saw an answer: How do i delete an email account?

I have 6.1 and everything was updated, installed and working fine (flawless almost). But all of the sudden my email stopped sending/receiving and i get a lovely non-descript error message. I want to re-install my pop mail account but i can't find a way to delete the current account.
  10. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

In the account selection screen, with the particular account highlighted, click on Menu-->Delete.
  11. afiggy

afiggy New Member

I finally upgraded to 6.1

Thanks to all who posted here. I read through the post so I was prepared for the worst but it went very smooth. Now I start my tweeking.
  12. kemetblk

kemetblk New Member

core player problems

I upgraded my Q9C to WM 6.1 without much hassle, but now TCPMP will not load. It crashes everytime I try to run it. I tried reinstalling it but no luck. Anyone else have this problem?
  13. billecorgan

billecorgan New Member

Same here :(
  14. magicman08

magicman08 New Member

get coreplayer....solves all problems plus built in youtube with better quality than vtap

albeit not free...
  15. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

A couple of things.....

1st is this upgrade something I will have to do myself and Sprint isnt going to offer?

2nd for those that have upgraded is it worth it? Everything seen to work ok?
  16. afiggy

afiggy New Member

1st:I don't think Sprint will do it but search this thread because others have discussed that issue.

2nd: It is so worth it! I did not realize how sluggish my phone was before the upgrade since it is at my speed! It boots up quickly, moves from program to program quickly and the sliding home screen is great. I have not tried to use any other themes or home made screens yet but that will be my holiday adventure. Upgrade!!
  17. sp1974

sp1974 New Member

one other thing...I connect to internet using pdanet. Is this going to cause any problem downloading the update and installing. Would I be better off bringing my sync software and installing it on my work pc and doing it there (shhhh don't tell me boss)
  18. afiggy

afiggy New Member

From what I read on this thread, use the computer!!
  19. dre4

dre4 New Member

volume control

it seems like after i upgraded to windows mobile 6.1 the ringtone volume for my calls was cut down, even tho it shows it is at full volume. also the threaded text messages seems to run sluggish now even wit no programs running. anybody else kno of a fix for this or anything.
  20. Que

Que New Member

While I think it's subjective, I do feel the ringtones are not as loud anymore.

Regarding the sluggishness with texting, you may want to turn off predictive text entry, and clear out your personal text entry library. Although I never had trouble with the predictive text entry when running under 6.0, it has been causing all sorts of sluggishness and lock-ups for me and others as well under 6.1.
    (Search the next page or two for the thread about running sluggish and locking up for more details.

Regarding TCPMP player no longer working under 6.1 - please do a search, it has been covered earlier in this thread and in two or three others as well. (I believe the link to the version that works can be found in the YouTube thread.)