windows mobile 6.1 port on Q 9m

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by promega, Jul 9, 2008.

1. KhanX

KhanX New Member

Promega,

How's going BTW?:2cool:

I'm a cooker from XDA in Polaris and Wizard devices. I'm looking now for a 6.1 version that really works over Qs to flash it on my wife's device. So, you got it as I could read! Congratulations!:smile:

I just wonder little bit if the flash process does not work cause I don't have the official WM6 rom released in case something goes wrong down here.
    That would be nice from you if you could provide us some information regarding your work. I mean, I know how to cook or how to flash it but I haven't find a tool to CID and SIM unlock her device for instance. If I have these tools and a official image to rollback If I need, I'll go through it right away!:wink:

Cheers,

2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome KhanX...

i don't think promega "cooked"/made/ported this WM6.1.
  3. KhanX

KhanX New Member

Greetings RudeBoy!

That's definitely sad...cause I've been searching a lot for a wm6.1 image to update my wife's device or even cook her a new release using a kitchen..but I confess not be easy find all needed tools!:embarassed:

Anyway, thanks for comment...hope we bring this to the real world one day!:wink:

4. omg its nate

omg its nate New Member

I ran the exe and it did not detect my phone...
  5. Tech.erella

Tech.erella New Member

Where are you from, Brigadoon?
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

oh.. i ran the exe without the Q connected. so we are not sure if there is a back out option once it does detect the phone...
  7. promega

promega Guest

wwggad

what would gg allin do, and no i didnt port it. it worx.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

not familiar with 'gg allin'... any reason you are acting slightly hostile ?
  9. promega

promega Guest

the name rudeboy is slightly hostile.. what kind of image are u trying to give urself. what do the kids think, why are the moms crying?
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yes, you can call rude hostile... but a name isn't everything and this was about you :}
  11. iguru42

iguru42 New Member

Well so far only one person (besides yourself) has said that it works and he has a q9c. The people who have tried with (what I assume was) q9ms have said that your port couldn't find their phone.
  12. omg its nate

omg its nate New Member

Yup!

Someone sucks at life....
  13. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I don't think the wizard rar is a rom flash though I admit to not having dared run it. I think it is the a soft upgrade of WM only and not the radio portion. A master reset will probably erase it but I am totaling speculating. Maybe people are cooking partial roms of software only. In any case the wizard is a touch screen device. It would be "possible" to cook a vzw WM 6.1 using the Sprint files but honestly I'm not seeing a benefit in 6.1 to hassle it.
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so you're saying don't do it ?

potQ9c
  15. crashdau

crashdau Member

Actually, the XP Utility recognized my Q9m. My only concern is the same as RB's...is their a way to go back. Mine is a work phone and I need to be sure the programs loaded would work on the 6.1. If not, then I would need to go back. Those programs deal with the corporate e-mail program I run.
  16. iguru42

iguru42 New Member

I'm confused, if you haven't done it, then how do you know the utility can see your phone?
  17. crashdau

crashdau Member

My phone was connected to the pc and I ran the utility and checked of the appropiate check boxes. and when I got to the "I completed the steps indicated above." and clicked next anfd then it verifies the information on my smartphone. I moved the actual NK.NBF file and the RUU file so it fails after the verification.

The first time I ran it, it said it couldn;t do it because my battery was lower than 50%.
  18. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I'm saying that pie 6.1 disables youtube but has a zoom that's not has good as mini. I'm not a big texter so the threaded mail isn't enough of a draw for me. I haven't tried codysppc app. Copy and paste works well enough with Vito.

The remote desktop app from 6.1 would be cool. Has anyone tried it? Maybe it's better than VNC. I tried the touch screen version and it requires sphelper.
  19. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

so.. main concern: how do we -if possible- confirm this is reversable ?

potQ9c
  20. crashdau

crashdau Member

My thought is for someone who is capable to pull the existing ROM from a clean-slated (Hard reset) Q9M and flash it back on. Once that is proven good I would think we would have our answer. Unfortunately, that is beyond my meager computer skills.