windows mobile 6.1 port on Q 9m

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by promega, Jul 9, 2008.

1. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

its working really well right now
    only reason for me would be gps...and i have a BT receiver

use XT without issue for threaded text and wouldnt really use the sliding panels....
    sooo not much incentive for me
  2. L0c0

L0c0 New Member

Yeah...6.0 is working well for me to, so I am hesitant also.

I looked at the .rar (50mg) and there is no info/how to files...I don't like just running a program called "Vista_ROMupdateutility.exe" on my system from an unknown source. I'd like to know where the OP got these files from? Is there a discussion going on somewhere, a link? There has to be more people talking about this.

To Brandon... when you ran the .exe was there any indication of a way to roll back to 6.0? Could you try a master reset on your Q9c to see if it puts 6.0 back?
  3. Surfer

Surfer New Member

its for an htc wizard and i did a search for the files and found it on the xda developers forum
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

I hear ya there... like I said, we shall see how this plays out & wait for more specifics..

potQ9c
  5. n99hockey

that sounds like a good idea

-Sent from my Q9c
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

hmz... so it's a touch screen version ?

i thought so also.... mine's running good also.
  7. Surfer

Surfer New Member

8. crashdau

crashdau Member

@ Brandon and Preomega:

So is this what you guys used to do the upgrade? Do you have instructions? and some snapshots ?
  9. Surfer

Surfer New Member

i have not been able to do it, for some reason the software thats used to upgrade the rom does not see my q9c. some other people have do it though.
  10. crashdau

crashdau Member

Surfer....I just tried the XP Utility and got as far as recognizing the Q9M, but it stopped because my battery was lower than 50%. Guess I'll look into trying again tomorrow.

Hopefully by then Promega or Brandon will get back to this thread to give us a little more info or at least a few screenshots.
  11. crashdau

crashdau Member

Well.....the utility does recognize my device.....only I'm really concerned it will brick my device. It would really be helpful to know if there are more updaters out there that have successfully done it, and some screen captures with the new "About" screens.

@Brandon and promega
    Can you give a step-by-step instruction of what happened? Is there a last step that gives a warning of "do you really want to do this?"
  12. larsdennert

larsdennert Active Member

I loaded pie 6.1 from a touch screen device onto my Q recently and it didn't work very well. I think this ROM would/should have to be SP/Q specific to work. I'd be interested in the gps capability if it unlocked the vzw gps. Otherwise 6.0 with mini does all I need.

Maybe one of the upgrader folks can post the firmware rev that this update produces.
  13. promega

promega Guest

Its not for a touchscreen, just run the exe.. its ported from 9c...
  14. iguru42

iguru42 New Member

Well pardon the forum for having some questions about your "port." Some people like to know what they are getting into when the download a file off the net.

Not sure I understand the attitude, "just download it and run it." Yeah, that'll get ya far in this world.
  15. n99hockey

@promega
    quit the attitude...
    last and final warning
  16. promega

promega Guest

There would be no nice people...

Where I come from thats how we communicate... I will not be part of society that cups each other balls while saying: "A thousand pardons kind sir"... U can ban me, you can censor me, but u cannot change your IQ as I cannot change my attitude. And yes being offended, is a sign of weakness. 6.1 waits for ur install, its all on you.. I could really care less, just trying help a bratha outz.
  17. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

ahh, one of those....
    it is quite possible to change an attitude (seen in done many times)

trust me it is possible to communicate while being respectful.
  18. promega

promega Guest

tell that to the dieing children in africa

i bet they have a far different attitude on humane treatement of kobe beef. it doesnt make any sense as does two sausages bumping into each other. but yet we all like watching meatspin.com 1200 spins and still counting.
  19. cindra

cindra Active Member

Since this update has been unavailable until you suddenly posted this, how the hell do we know you ain't just trying to "help a bratha" into creating bricks? Previous experience with your attitude in this forum dictate that anyone being less than dubious about your motives would be very naive, indeed.

If you don't want to answer the questions associated with the content you post, then maybe you shouldn't post it in the first place.

/soapbox
  20. promega

promega Guest

its a port... Verizon prolly aint going to release any wm update.. if your a verizon customer you know how verizon takes care of themselves before the custy (given all the class action suits we get in the mail saying we might be entitled to money from verizon).. i cannot phathom why verizon would make u buy a newer phone for 6.1, thats not the verizon i know or have grown to love..

how much money do u waste on drugs in one day? instead of getting high the next couple hours, sleep.. u cant smoke your money away when your sleeping, and then take that money and set it aside and double click the exe. the next 30 minuts while ur phone is updating flawlessly, practice in the mirror: say with me: "I dont know, it just stopped working...." .. if it bricks it, atleast you will know how to deal with a tech on the phone...

and a tip for all you sketch balls out there:
    if one customer agent tells u something u dont like, hang up and try again... theres alot of bad employees out there (this post is all on company time), i am sure there is rep waiting to talk to you.. tell him promega lied and turned your phone into digi pet or lie and get a new phone...

again the exe works, its all on you.. screenshots are easy to photoshop...
    if u guys are really dedicated to 6.1 and lieing isnt for u, why dont u all pitch 5-8 bucks and pool your money togather to cover the 50 dallor replacement fee.

also, check out my media player skins, i like the green its pretty. http://www.everythingq.com/forum/mo...-way-better-skinz-for-media-player-16559.html

If any of u want all your menus and warnings replaced with prettier backgrounds and images for stuff like incall menu, dial menu, startup screen, startup animations (so easy to make), shutdown screens, or whatever.. i dont feel like working at my job , so ask me and u shall recieve.