windows mobile 6.1 port on Q 9m

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by promega, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Surfer

Surfer New Member

I don't think so but I am sure you can think of something creative that will make them replace it. I highly doubt this port will work for you regardless though.
  2. iROCKnikes123

iROCKnikes123 New Member

tried it and got error 222.
  3. Surfer

Surfer New Member

I got that error too when I tried it.
  4. lildman

lildman New Member

So basically, if I have the original Verizon Q, the OS that I have I am stuck with for life?
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

most likely: yes... WM6.0 came with the Q9 so they did not release it for the Q1.

potQ9c
  6. sherri

sherri Active Member

Rudeboy, I'm sitting in Hershey Park, at the boardwalk/water park waiting for kids to exhaust themselves. I'm exhausted from this thread! Please help me clear some things up...Is WM6 THAT much better than 5? I still have "original" black Q. New Every 2 comes in December. HOWEVER, I can upgrade early and get the Q9C (Verizon) now, and it will be free.

I was going to wait (I still may...) to see what comes out by December, but if WM6 is sooooo much better, maybe I should do it sooner.

My kids won't let me look at anything "outside the Q family", so please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you!
  7. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

there are definately some nice things about 6 (HTML email, and bluetooth syncing are just the beginning). it's not that major of a step up, but then anything that may come out in Dec probably won't be that major of an upgrade either.
  8. lildman

lildman New Member

looks like we are in the same boat:frown:, my contract is up in Feb..thinking about the iPhone or the new Q 'Napolean'.
  9. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

yup... "ERROR [222]", the anticipation was nice, the 'climax' disappointing..

@ sherri: i would do it again for sure... minor but nice changes, and in my opinion the hardware part -keyboard is most prominent- is improved..
  10. lildman

lildman New Member

And again forgive me for being a nood to terms like 'flash' and 'cook', but is there no way to take the software from a Q9c with WM6 and put it onto a my original Q black?
  11. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

I'll have to agree there. the difference is a little more pronounced with sprint (like alltel) because the Q9c can run some sprint services that the Q1 should have been able to. (like Sprint TV)
  12. sherri

sherri Active Member

Thanks everyone for the replies...I will be in the Verizon store to get help w/ hubbys BB, so I will check out the Q9C. I may end up waiting, but NE2 will be some type of Q!
  13. Surfer

Surfer New Member

@ Sherri and offtopic

I hate peacocks, my neighbor has like 20 and they crap all over my car :embarassed:.
  14. sherri

sherri Active Member

Where do you live? They are not n the wild near me (Long Island, NY).

Daughter took that picture at the Bronx Zoo 2 years ago!
  15. Surfer

Surfer New Member

Haha I live in Orlando, FL. Neighbor owns like a flock of them and they jump on my car and stuff, I was just kidding though haha.
  16. backdown00

backdown00 New Member

I would wait it out, the Q9n (napoleon) will be out before the year is over.
  17. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

My thinking NOW, with the almost certain release of the "Napoleone" (prob Sept.) is that Veri$on is sandbagging its Q9c WM 6.1 release 'til well after so that they can get more unit sales if (Napoleone) is released with WM 6.1. Just thinking out loud but there is a certain "Veri$on logic" in it, eh?
  18. crashdau

crashdau Member

You are giving them way too much credit!!!
  19. Malvado

Malvado New Member

ok im new to this but i wanna give it a try....now all i need to know is what do i need to try to get wm 6.1 on my q9c...please post some links as to the software i need to do this
  20. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

welcome aboard....

Sprint Q9c ?

has been discussed multiple times...