Windows Mobile 6.1 on a Q9M? Yes, it can be done now!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Miata492, Sep 4, 2008.

1. DKSO7

DKSO7 New Member

Successful Flash one problem

I had a successful flash and all is good except one thing. When I delete an email, i have my settings to delete it off the server. Problem is it does not and they come back again and again.

Anyone else with this issue?

DKSO7
    "thank goodness college football is on!"
  2. xalias51

xalias51 New Member

Upgraded my Q9M the other day. Went off perfectly and the Q is working flawlessly.

I did notice one instance (can't remember exactly where) where the phone was identified as a Q9C. Doesn't affect anything so I don't care.

Did notice that when I paired with my laptop over Bluetooth, it was identified as a Q9M still.

Bottm line: everything works perfectly so I don't care how its reconized as long as its recognized and works.

-via Q9m 6.1
  3. carpecervisi

carpecervisi New Member

This is a great find and all of the threads referenced really made my weekend. I'm glad I came across the posting on HoFo that directed me back here.

I did have some problems initially on my Vista machine and after getting the 0x7100 error, I gave up and hit my XP laptop. After that, the upgrade worked flawlessly and I'm very pleased. This definitely breathes some life back into the Q and it'll keep me from upgrading hopefully until after the first of the year.

Thanks all!
  4. BigDogg795

BigDogg795 New Member

Has anybody else had any issues with the backlighting? Since I've done the update, my backlight hasn't turned off...obviously this is a problem and is killing my battery...

Ideas? Suggestions? I've tried to go through settings and have it set to turn off the backlighting after 15 seconds, and it just stays on...
  5. bmar29

bmar29 Member

does the smart backlight work? i know it sucks but its better than always on
  6. BigDogg795

BigDogg795 New Member

Nope...just stays on...

And the weird thing is, I flashed back to WinMo 6.0 and everything works fine...go figure...
  7. TimeHunter

TimeHunter New Member

Right Soft Key

The right Soft Key is contextual in 6.1, especially if using the sliding panels interface home screen. You'll notice as you move through different parts of the home screen that the right Soft Key will change.

You can set it from the personalization or settings menus, but your choice will only be in effect when you are on the date/time/carrier panel.

If you want to use a home screen designed for 6.0 or earlier, the right Soft Key will behave as you are used to.
  8. bmar29

bmar29 Member

i have noticed that and i noticed that the right soft key while in the top panle is contacts by default. but when i change it it still says contacts
  9. Nicodareus

Nicodareus New Member

My Q9M was successfully flashed to WinMo 6.1 also. I have not noticed any odd issues, and everything seems to be functioning normally as expected.

• I ran the *228,2 option to update the PRL, but I did not select option 1 since one of the users ran into problems with the data connections after selecting that option.
    • I was able to perform a local sync via ActiveSync with Contacts and Calendar. I could sync my work mail via server sync from the Exchange Server. I also configured my Gmail account and was able to get mail.
    • I was able to pair my Jabra BT headset
    • One user noted an issue where the backlight always staying on--I do not have this problem after upgrading
  10. bmar29

bmar29 Member

so my top panel suddenly dissappeared. the one with the date and time is just not there anymore. i even tried changing homescreens and rebooting and still nothing, the first panel is the missed calls, voicemail, etc. i dont have any customization software on my Q9m yet so i know thats not it
  11. ah I am so holding out...tempted, but with all the problems my wife's voyager is giving her....she will be on her fourth in 9 months, I am on my 9m for 10 and lts the longest I have ever had a phone trouble free.
  12. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

customizing the right soft key does nothing when using the sliding panels homescreens but works when using any other screens. i am not using the sliding panels as i like my facade/pocket weather homescreen with google search way too much to give it up.

my emails are not deleting off of my email server either - i have to make sure that i delete them out of my outlook, or if i save them in outlook, i have to login to my webmail and delete them out of there - kind of a pain.
  13. TimeHunter

TimeHunter New Member

I have done the upgrade on a Q9m and the very first thing I did was a *228 programming update. I have had absolutely NO problems.
  14. manbat

manbat Active Member

===================================What about the program Right Menu? I have always used this program...would probably feel lost without it. Has anyone tried Right Menu with the 6.1 upgrade?
  15. Miata492

Miata492 New Member

i have done *228-1 and *228-2 a few times as I have master reset my phone a few times after messing around with a bunch of different programs. i have never had a data connection problem.

customizing the right key still works but not on the sliding panel homescreens (like I posted 3 posts up from this one:) )
  16. BigDogg795

BigDogg795 New Member

And I'm the only one with issues with the backlight? <_<
  17. TimeHunter

TimeHunter New Member

Hate to tell you, but the backlight works for me fine, in both auto and standard mode.:whistling
  18. I am now officially tempted, but my phone is working so well with all the stuff on it....argh......decisions decisions.
  19. crashdau

crashdau Member

You Can Do Eet!
  20. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

all the cool kids are doing it:tounge: