Windows Mobile 6.1 on a Q9M? Yes, it can be done now!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by Miata492, Sep 4, 2008.

1. larceny

larceny New Member

my phones been running smoothly...with all the tips and hacks from this forum...im truly thankful...i t just feels like im being pressured into upgrading...lol..=/
  2. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

You are being pressured in to upgrading ;) If it can be done and works, just do it.
  3. WilliamsJK2

WilliamsJK2 New Member

Hey everyone, just flashed my phone last night and now have 6.1! Thanks to everyone who put up the files and instructions, it really was a breeze to do.

P.S. Threaded Texting is AWESOME.
  4. jessejq

jessejq New Member

my phone just started to glitch on me afte awhile of runnin 6.1 anybody no how to flash back to 6.0? it would be greatly appreciated thanks...
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

================What is the phone doing?
    There was a link to a return ROM at the first of this thread I believe. Posted via Q9m/c Hybrid
  6. larceny

larceny New Member

see what i mean?...;)
  7. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

Now you know you can upgrade...and EVEN revert back if you don't like it...but whats not to like!?
  8. rpd444

rpd444 New Member

Some of the programs that are already on my q9m (like Documents to go) i don't have a file for. Do those get wiped clean from the system? otherwise, how do I keep those on?
  9. manbat

manbat Active Member

<p>
    </p>
    <p>=================================The WM6.1 upgrade will wipe the phone clean. You will have to re-install all programs. Any files you want to keep will need to be saved to your computer or SD card. Remove the SD Card before the upgrade process. All of the WM6 programs I had installed worked fine except TCPMP...had to use a different version.</p>
  10. larceny

larceny New Member

I'm still debating...but im glad that atleast i have the option to revert back.
  11. manbat

manbat Active Member

-------------------I downloaded the return ROM before the upgrade...If you have doubts, you might check if the link is still good. I upgraded and have never thought about changing back. Haven't had any problems.
  12. Q-Area51

Q-Area51 Guest

Docs to go is built into the ROM along with several others. -RIP
  13. manbat

manbat Active Member

=================================Docs to Go(program) will re-install...any documents stored in the phone will not.
  14. spork27

spork27 Member

Documents To Go seems to be part of the 6.1 Q9c ROM seeing as how I currently have it after doing the upgrade on my Q9m without actually separately installing it.
  15. stewman23

stewman23 New Member

Hey, quick question...I think I've followed all the steps perfectly and have tried to use RSD LITE 4.2 two times now to boot the upgrade onto my Q9m. I'm a new user here and was wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction. After following everything step-by-step, my phone seems to just reboot with 6.0. So, I'm figuring I'm doing something right(haven't wiped my phone out yet), but I'd like to figure out what I'm doing wrong that makes it keep reloading with 6.0, rather than 6.1! Any help is much appreciated. Also, VRZ_P3_MM_C_07.61.03I_UPGRADE_FILE_01.sbf is the file name for the file I thought I was supposed to load with RSD. Hope that helps some.

UPDATE: Thanks to a little more searching and comparing of file names, got the right file from hockey's website(Thanks!)

***Still have a question though, is there any way to get shortcuts on the slider panel? There's certainly the space to do it since they start you off with that "getting started" panel
  16. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

glad you got it
    to customize the sliding panels look in to CHome
  17. alapanstorm8

alapanstorm8 New Member

Having the same problem..

I am putting my Motorola q9m into bootloader mode and then connecting it after starting rsd lite.. soon after it says "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent. (0x703E); phone disconnected"

can anyone help or have a solution?
  18. ksoze

ksoze New Member

alapanstorm8

Had the same problem last night and drove me crazy. I am not sure what I did that finally got it to work, but here is what I changed, one or combo of which did it:

Started with RSD 4.4, then went backwards to version 4.2
    Turned OFF all virus scan stuff on PC
    Turned off Windows Firewall
    Turned OFF bluetooth stuff on PC
    Used USB driver version 3.7 from Moto site (tried 3.5 first)
    When it first bagged out and showed the flash stuff on phone after these changes, I restarted the RSD app and it took off and went flawlessly.
  19. themanofsteel7

themanofsteel7 New Member

So I tried to follow all of the steps but something seems to have not gone right. I get to the step where I actually flash the phone with the upgrade with RSD Lite 4.2. I navigate to the ROM update file saved on my computer and click open. My phone is plugged in and it is recognized (it shows up as being connected) by RSD Lite. However the start button cannot be clicked. It is grayed out. I have master reset my phone a second time and also moved the ROM file to a different location as well as restart my computer a few times. I'm not sure what the problem is. Can anyone help me?
  20. ksoze

ksoze New Member

Superman

Do you have Active Sync running in the background? If it is installed, it should try and launch when you plug the phone in. It sits in the background barking but should be ignored as you launch RSD. It may be needed to sustain the connection with RSD however. Can you connect with AS at all? If not, then the problem may be USB driver issues or something on your PC effecting the connection (firewalls, virus checkers, etc.).