Windows Mobile 5.0

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by fab, Jun 2, 2006.

1. fab

fab New Member

Windows Mobile 5.0

Motorola Q uses Windows Mobile 5.0. Is there any good? Does it mean strong multimedia function? I'm not familiar with Windows Mobile, acutally I'm a fan of palm, but now Motorola Q attracts me. :)
  2. Splash

Splash New Member

Chris (I think he or she is the admin) has a post in this section that lists a website. I think it's Everything Treo ... something ... sorry, anyway, you might check out the website to find more info. I'd guarantee it's a great program though, since it's Windows based.
  3. hiphopreneur

hiphopreneur New Member

windows mobile 5.0

it depends what you use the phone for. the palm platform has been out for a number of years thus there are thousands of software programs that run on it whereas windows mobile is relatively new and does not have a hundred software programs that run on it yet. windows mobile does have some advantages, one being phones that are thinner and more advanced technology.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

I agree, the software library for Palm is much bigger than WM 5. However, there are more than 100 programs available for WM 5 smartphone. Also, with the Treo 700w and Q, there are more and more developers (Palm developers included) crossing over to develop for WM 5. When the 700w was released, it seemed each day was an announcement from a software developer about how they planned to support WM 5. With the launch of the Q, it just makes sense to develop for WM 5. With Palm expected to release the Treo Hollywood, that too would bring more WM powered phones.

It's he.:D

-Chris
  5. chris

By the way, for registering for the forums, you are eligible to receive 20% off any title in the Software Store. The coupon code is in your welcome email. Any problems, feel free to drop me an email.

Thanks.
    Chris
  6. motomouth

motomouth New Member

So am I going to be able to do the basic things that I want to do like. Surf the web, have AIM, stream music? I am concened about this as I am not too familiar with this technology.
  7. The PocketTV Team

The PocketTV Team New Member

> However, there are more than 100 programs available for WM 5 smartphone.

100? more than 1,000 in fact!
  8. chris

The last I heard was 1400 or so. I suspect that will grow.:)
  9. The PocketTV Team

The PocketTV Team New Member

> I suspect that will grow

yes, especially since the next version of Windows Mobile should integrate Pocket PC and Smartphone in a single platform.

i.e. most Pocket PC software should run on Smartphone and vice-versa.
  10. Srini

Srini New Member

You can visit www.windowsmobile.com to find out Microsoft Products and Vendors. The list is growing by the day.
  11. cdrw

cdrw New Member

I found nice information about Windows Mobile5 and would like to share with you.

More info.