Windows Media Player Sync Question

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by sbearden1, Dec 26, 2007.

1. sbearden1

sbearden1 New Member

Windows Media Player Sync Question

I had the orginal Moto Q. If my memory servers me correctly, when I put in a storage card I was prompted if I wanted to use the main memory or the storage card for syncing. Of course you choose the card because the main memory is not large enough to hold music. Then from that point forward WMP would automatically sync to the card.

Now I have the new Motorola Q Global. I have put a storage card in it but have never been prompted like I was with the original Q. When I try to sync WMP it works but it puts the music in the main memory and not the storage card. I have looked and looked but can not figure out how to make it sync to the storage card in lieu of main memory.

Does anyone know what I mean and how to change it so it automatically syncs to the storage card?

Thanks!
  2. HawksG33

HawksG33 New Member

What version of Windows Media Player are you using? This is the option my WMP 11 gives me.

[​IMG]

And from there, I can select "My Device" or "My Storage Card," then sync to whichever I choose.

*Notice Steve MotoQ9h and Storage Card appear as separate devices beneath the Library tab as well. You should see something like that if it's all working properly, I believe.
  3. sbearden1

sbearden1 New Member

I am not sure which version of WMP I am using... I am running Vista Ultimate so what ever version comes with Vista (I have done all the Windows updates so I assume I am running the most current version).
  4. HawksG33

HawksG33 New Member

Okay, well then you probably have WMP 11. Do you see anything like the picture I posted?
  5. sbearden1

sbearden1 New Member

Yes I just confirmed I am using WMP 11 and it look similar but the is no Next Device, just my Moto Q 9h.

I think the isssue may be the size of the card I have in the phone... I have a 8GB card. If I use the File Manager on the phone I can see the card and it says it's 8GB. If I use File Management in Windows Mobile Device Center v6.1 I can see the phone and 8GB card but it does not seem to work with WMP. I have tried to format the card using Q but I get a message saying it is over 4GB.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!