Windows Media Player Question

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by ydbret, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ydbret

ydbret New Member

Windows Media Player Question

When I take the songs I have on my SD card on look at them on my media player on my computer they seem to sort fine. By that I mean I can sort them by Album, Artist, etc. When I take that card and put in the Moto, it does not seem to sort the same. I go to sort by album or artist and they are not showing up on the Moto???????? What's up. Any idea?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

honestly, WMP is poo...try TCPMP. You can actualy create playlists and such from the Q
  3. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

Did you update your library in WMP? Can you not see the tracks at all, or is it just that you can't sort them?
  4. gazment

gazment New Member

I think he means that his id3 tags are messed up (song artist album ect..) so he has sorting problems. I have this exact same problem and I think its just that the transfer from wmp to q9c sucks.
  5. ydbret

ydbret New Member

I am a newbie here so how/where do i get TCPMP.
  6. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

in the software section here or on my apps site...

potQ.
  7. gazment

gazment New Member

8. ydbret

ydbret New Member

Got TCPMP installed. One question. How do i view the current song being played. All I see is the bar across the bottom and the Name of the Band at the top (maybe the folder it is playing from?)
  9. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

It should be displaying the name of your file, unless the tag in embedded in that song's file.
    One other tip I'd like to give you for playing MP3s... under settings > select page > equalizer > PreAmp settings... up them a bit and the songs will boom... ;)
  10. ydbret

ydbret New Member

Got it. It uses the the information from the properties of the file, not the file name when it displays.....
  11. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

Not sure if you're saying that it only displays the information from the properties, or that you got what I meant... so I'll explain A Bit more... :smile:

As I've stated... if the rip or encoded MP3 has the name embedded in, then yes... but many times the file name is simply displayed.

I have two screenshots to show you what I mean... I edited your user name into the MP3 that displays only the file name to show you what I am talking of,.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. ydbret

ydbret New Member

Can you try emailing me the screenshots, I can not access them from the forum?
    ydbret@yahoo.com
  13. MBK2

MBK2 New Member

No need to access the screenshots, you can always see them later from a regular PC...

but the first one reads...
    www.myspace.com/cashaley... even though the actual filename is 'Cas Haley'.

and the second one reads...
    Break the Ice-ydbret-Britney Spears... which is the actual filename I temporarily renamed it to.