Windows Media Player locking my phone

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by Xian, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Xian

Xian New Member

Windows Media Player locking my phone

Yes, I did a search (admittedly, a quick one) but didn't find anything so I apologize if this is a repeat ...

Every time i'm listening to music on my phone, at a certain point, my phone will lock up. The only way to get the music to stop playing so that I can do anything else is to shut off the phone and turn it back on. When I'm in my office and my other phone rings, I just want to be able to pause it, answer my other phone, then continue on once I'm done but that only works 2 or 3 times out of every 10. Hitting the 'call end' key will turn on the backlight but I still have no way to control the player or any other options on the phone.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fix for it?
  2. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

Have you assigned buttons for pause, start, stop etc.?

an alternative is to use TCPMP as your media player. A little more flexible and user friendly
  3. Xian

Xian New Member

The buttons are assigned and it works fine most of the time. It's only when it's been playing uninterrupted for 10 or 15 minutes that this happens.
  4. mike250rs

mike250rs New Member

did have that happen when streaming via WMP, but never using TCPMP. Complete album or move with no lockups/freezing. (video did buffer on occasion-normal)