Windows Media Player glitchy sync

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by oliv7ia, Mar 20, 2009.

1. oliv7ia

oliv7ia New Member

Windows Media Player glitchy sync

:angry: Help! I can sync my moto q(9h) with an 8gb storage card with windows media player - finally - but it only transfers about 5 songs at a time to the storage card before it stops and tells me it's OK to disconnect. I have about 7gb to go, and definitely don't have the patience to disconnect and reconnect every 5 songs! I am working with Windows vista. Can anyone help?
  2. sherri

sherri Active Member

You said Vista, but which media player on the pc? I use Media Player 11 and have had no problems...(I use that on my husbands Vista Machine also, because I "understand" it better than Media Center...)
  3. Robokam

Robokam New Member

I've seen alot of posts related to this. I think it's a WMP problem. I was having this problem too. I copy the files directly from my PC to my phone's micro SD card using Windows Explorer. I make sure that I include the folder.jpg for the album art.
  4. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Hmmmm... no problems here with WMP and Vista. I can drag and drop multiple albums and it syncs all of them fine. Wonder what the problem could be?
  5. oliv7ia

oliv7ia New Member

I am using Windows Media player 11. I also tried the Windows Explorer - which moved many files, but not all. That seems to be the way to go once I figure out how to move the rest of the files. I'll keep posting updates (hopefully rather than questions). Thanks all!
  6. oliv7ia

oliv7ia New Member

Update

The Windows Explorer option works great - thanks! Even skirts the file sharing issue between itunes and Window Media player!