Windows Media in WM6.1

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by indie-guy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. netherbud

netherbud New Member

Any way to have the Chome WMP slider flip through artist/albums?

... instead of going through track by track? Kind of new at regedits, but seems like should be a way. I like to play whole albums instead of individual tracks, and being able to scroll through the albums from the home screen would be awesome (almost like an iPhone).
  2. colnago

colnago New Member

I've been playing around with CHome Configurator, looking for a way to get "Album View" working on the panel, but it seems like that panel is "not configurable" like a few others...at least thru the Configurator. I tried the one registry entry where panels are configured:

\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CMusic

but there were not many settings to change.

In \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CMusic\Images

there is a "chMusic_playallsongs" entry, with a string value of 2402...maybe it could be "chMusic_playallalbums"?
  3. colnago

colnago New Member

I'm able to get WMP on my "PC", to open to the Album page with this shortcut link:

"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /Task:MediaLibrary "\Library\Album"

(All quotation marks are required to get it to work)

I'm using CHome Configurator to create a new panel, but I can't figure out how to make Media player stay "within the panel". I can't get the Player on my phone to open with that switch at the end of the path either.

I have:
    "\Windows\wmplayer.exe" "Task:MediaLibrary "\Library\Album"

...and it only opens the player. I'm sure the sytax is different on the phone vs. PC.

I'm basing my shortcut on the article found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/835573/en-us

"...Media Player Shortcuts

By default Media Player opens where you were last, but you can control that by adding command-line options to the shortcut. Use wmplayer.exe /play to make a file start playing straight away and /close to close the player afterwards, or /open to open the file, but not start playing it. You can select a skin with /Layout:skin.wmz or set Media Player to open on a particular tab with /Task:MediaLibrary, /Task:RadioTuner, /Task:SkinViewer,
    /Task:portableDevice, /Task:CDAudio “d” (to copy files from CD drive D),
    and /Device:AudioCD “D” (to play a CD). In Media Player 8 and later you can open a playlist with wmplayer.exe /playlist “playlistname” or wmplayer.exe /play “playlist.file” for playlists you’ve exported as a file."

Unfortunately, the CMusic entry in Config is not programmable. I can only find the registry key under
    \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\CMusic

The only real difference I see, and I'm new so I'm sure there is a dependency somewhere that I'm missing, is that the GUID for the condition "play all songs" is different than the GUID for "open media player".
    *edit* - O.K., I left my custom panel, created with CHome Config, the same, which all it did was open Media Player in its native window. I copied the GUID from the default "CMusic" reg key, and pasted it in the Page 1 entry of my custom reg key. My custom panel now plays "all songs", and the player is locked in the panel.

Anyone know the GUID for "all albums", or how I can create one? Or are there other steps I need to get this done?
  4. indie-guy

indie-guy New Member

I think I accidentally found the culprit for this problem. About a month ago, I gave up my Q9h for a Treo Pro. One of the things I was nervous about was whether Windows Media would have the same delay problems, but as it turned out, it worked perfectly. No delays, no issues. Was it because of having more speed? More memory? A more stabile device? Who cared?

Anyway, this morning I installed Opera mobile. It was the one thing I was missing from the Q9h, and I thought I would try it on the Treo Pro. After installing, I played with it for awhile. Cool. Then I headed off for work, with my earphones on. Guess what? 20-30 seconds between tunes. It suddenly dawned on me that perhaps Opera Mobile was causing the delays. I uninstalled it, and I'm back to no issues with the music.

Not sure if it is Opera or Windows Media causing the problem, but there is definitely a conflict. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if someone will fix this.