Windows mail

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by carlg, Jun 7, 2007.

1. carlg

carlg New Member

Windows mail

Forgive my technical ignorance, but i'm getting there. I recently purchased a gateway mt6707 notebook with vista home premium installed. I am trying to set up a new E-mail account through Windows Mail, but I seem to be having some difficulty doing so.

I understand that windows mail has replaced outlook express as the default e-mail software in the vista O.S. Maybe I'm wrong on this. Has anyone out there had any problems setting this up? Again, please forgive my lack of tech savvy. also can anyone advise me on how I might obtain the ingoing/outgoing server info to try to complete this set-up? (I'm using a verizon wireless usb720 rev-a aircard for internet access,if it makes any difference). I Also have the three standard internet based e-mail accounts already set up. Iv'e also heard that you can import your mail from other accounts into W.M.

Sure could use some advise.

Thanks, as always:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
  2. neutral

neutral New Member

Who hosts the email accounts? That information would help in finding the smtp/pop3 servers.
  3. carlg

carlg New Member

Success!

Well, Got the windows mail quandry solved. A knowledgeable, courteous and very patient data tech at verizon wreless assisted me thru the set-up process. 'Windows mail", the 'outlook express-like' vista feature, would only be compatible with one of my 'freebie' web-based e-mail accounts,that being of course, G-MAIL. So the tech set me up with all of the pertinent info, including POP and STMP names, and PRESTO!, all's right with the e-mail world.

Thanks,as always
  4. r4fiiq

r4fiiq New Member

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Too bad you didn't post those nifty instructions.
  5. TarHeelsRule!

TarHeelsRule! New Member

if you go to gmail they have instructions that will walk you through the process. just set mine up last week.
  6. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

Aaaaannnddd....welcome r4fiiq!
  7. Weapondrift

Weapondrift New Member

hes posted before :tounge:
  8. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

It says Posts: 1 though.