Windows Live Search

Discussion in 'Windows Phone Software' started by evil247, Oct 16, 2007.

1. djlactose

djlactose New Member

The software works fine but has a few bugs. The Livesearch software does close when you do a proper exit from the software. The newest version (the one that added the voice translation) has a bug that when you exit one of the screens it dumps you to the home screen but continues to run in the background. If you open the software back up and then select menu and exit it will close the program and should stop the issues your refering to.
  2. theabbotspeaks

theabbotspeaks New Member

WLS Previously Searched

Is there some way to clear the list of previously searched locations in WLS?
    I can't figure out if there's a way to organize locations that I want to keep either.

Oy, and it sure does freeze up my phone sometimes when I'm using it with GPS, kind of annoying when you have to pull over and hard reset the phone
    when you're driving alone... maybe it's just me? :angry:
  3. djlactose

djlactose New Member

If you go to file manager->program files ->live search then delete the preferences.xml file it will clear the list along with all of your preferences (you can edit the file if you know a little XML and just remove the unwanted entries). Just so you know continued use of live search the list will automatically be cleaned out as you go.
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

Thanks...been curious about that!!
  5. digitaldust

digitaldust New Member

Hi All,
    I have two question on live search that I don't know if i am the only one have problem with or not, first I am using Moto Q black from Verizon with WM5.0, the WLS Version is 2.5.2908.31943
    First Question or problem I cant Search or an address like if I want to search for 1111 Road Name and choose city location and then when i click search it always give me cant find address, in older version i was able to do that and i was always able to find what i am looking for, since updating to version above i can no longer able to do this.
    Second Problem after Finding Point of interest or address and try to send it to someone via the built in option SMS to a friend I get error message "Sorry, we couldn't send the text message"
    by the way I tried this on my wife's Q9c from sprint and get same results.
    sorry for the long post, but if anyone has an advice its appreciated
  6. GldnBear

GldnBear New Member

I found if you enter an address in the search box on the front screen, you will get the can't find address. Try selecting the 'Choose a new location', and enter the address there. This works good for me. I have found the search box on the front screen only seems to work for business names. Also, business names do not work in the 'Choose a new location'.
  7. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

and the SMS part has been broke since day one! or at least I haven't heard that it's been fixed yet...
  8. digitaldust

digitaldust New Member

thanks for the quick reply,
    I trid the search from the Choose new location and wheni type in the address and click done it find the address and then i click ok and takeme back to the main screen and the search button is grayed out ( disabled) but when I scroll down to Map icon it actually take me there but in a zoom out map to the city level and i have zoom in manualy to the address, it is good enough for now but i know it used to work a lot better i wish i can go back to the old version i used before the latest one the have
    thanks again
  9. Gbirdwell

Gbirdwell New Member

I just downloaded WLS and it appears to be working fine.
    Question: Does WSL use the internal GPS on the Moto 9h or is it using the data plan from the cell towers?

Thanks
  10. SithFish

SithFish New Member

Oddly it worked for me last night. I tried to sms movie times to a friend and got that same error message, but the text still went through. Unfortunately it never worked before or after that.
  11. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

I tried using it on Saturday to get directions and it would only give me directions to the zipcode I was looking for, but not the address.