Windows Live - no push option?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by sonofashrink, Mar 16, 2008.

1. sonofashrink

sonofashrink New Member

Windows Live - no push option?

I just got a new moto Q9h with AT&T and everything is working great except I'm unable to get my hotmail to auto-sync/push. My settings on my Windows Live (menu -> settings) has "Message preview size", not the sync frequency that I've seen (screenshots on other sites) that allows hotmail to be pushed. Any idea what's going on? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

did you search here ? i've used it for a brief period and it pushes mail which is not set by an interval.. mail comes in as it arrives which is the whole idea behind push.....

potQ.
  3. sonofashrink

sonofashrink New Member

That's what I want, "mail comes in as it arrives". It doesn't do that.

It's my understanding that these options are in the account settings. Again, I don't see these options.

A related note, perhaps, I don't have Microsoft Live Instant Messenger on my Q. I don't think I have the correct version of Office Live Mobile installed. Mine doesn't look like this: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/software/windowslive.mspx
  4. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

like i said, do a search here... the WLM i tried pushed the mail to me..

potQ.
  5. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

are you looking within the Live app itself (Start>Windows Live). The options button should be there under Menu. The settings for Live within the Q's outlook messaging department are slim and you wont find it there!
  6. sonofashrink

sonofashrink New Member

I don't have a "Windows Live" in "Start -> ". (great...)

The only Windows Live I have is in my "Messaging" application. I think I got this when I set up a new email account and I created a hotmail account.
  7. sonofashrink

sonofashrink New Member

I just did a search on this forum and found a post on how to install in via rapidshare. I'll give this a try...
  8. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

that one for sure has the options..plus messenger. read a bit about though, seems it didn't work on some model of Q9....