Windows 7 looking GREAT for the Q!

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by jthowerton, Feb 20, 2009.

1. jthowerton

jthowerton New Member

Windows 7 looking GREAT for the Q!

Hey guys,

Thought I would give everyone a really cool heads up. I've installed the Windows 7 32-Bit Beta (awesome!) and have been putting it through its paces. I was EXTREMELY surprised to find that BT ICS works right out of the box. I know we have been told that this was disabled in the Q's BT stack but this is NOT true. It was apparently not in the Microsoft (or Bluesoleil as I was using on Vista) stack.

Let me be clear, this is not BT DUN. This is an actual BT PAN connection initiated through ICS over a cheap ebay BT dongle that before I was using Bluesoleil on before Windows 7.

Also, A2DP works right out of the box with the native BT stack as well. Just thought some of you might be interested.

Now if there is a way to transfer the Windows 7 stack to Vista......

Joe
  2. wnrussell

wnrussell Active Member

Screenshots, please? PM me if you need a host...
  3. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

I agree Windows 7 is great. I have had it installed since it was in Dev Alpha before the beta was released to the public and it is solid and stable as hell. I love it. I was able to setup my Q on it without a single glitch, I have not had any problem on this machine while Vista and even XP gave me so much shit I was at my wits end with them. The BT is solid and stable and I was able to setup the partnership with BT without using the cable which in the past has been mostly unsuccessful and this worked without single glitch. I am using an old tiny little Dlink BT adapter and solid as hell, the internet works fine too and the sync is fast and solid.

As for the second poster, what screen shot you looking for? Us telling you windows 7 is great doesn't really come with screenshots, what exactly are you looking for and I will provide it for you and I have my own host, so let me know.