Windows 6.0 to 6.1

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by Chantty, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Chantty

Chantty New Member

Windows 6.0 to 6.1

Hi,

How do i convert/update the version from 6.0 to 6.1

Please help.

Chantty.
  2. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

If you search around this site and read up a bit...you'll get tons of info that can help you learn how to do what your asking. Then also others will help out as you go.
  3. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

hook it up to the computer and go to the motorola site and you can upgrade through there if you are under warrenty
  4. Chantty

Chantty New Member

Thanks for your response, Let me give a try.....

Cheers
    Chantty!
  5. rduraoc

rduraoc New Member

where to get the rom?

Hi all, first post here, new Q9h owner from Portugal. Although I bought my phone just a few days ago, unlocked and at a killer price, it comes with WM6.0. I've been reading about the upgrade to WM6.1 (RSDlite, boot in flash mode, etc.) but I can't find a working link for the european generic WM6.1 rom. Of course that when I connect to Motorola Update is says my phone is up to date. Any one with a spare link? Thanks.
  6. n99hockey

welcome to EWM!!

search the site for 'European Generic Rom' its been posted a few times
  7. rduraoc

rduraoc New Member

Thank you for the welcome, n99hockey. Now I'm feeling dumb, because I still can't find the generic european rom. Only thing I got by using your search words was a Q9c monster upgrade tp WM6.1 (45mb) - not sure if that's what I want.

Meanwhile I found a post in some other place, with a link to a rapidshare file stating it was the generic european (70mb). So I flashed my Q9h (the tension...:foot:) and it turns out to be AT&T version. All is working, but it is not the version I want. So, any link in hand? Thanks again.
  8. rduraoc

rduraoc New Member

Ok, sorry all :tounge:. I've found the german WM6.1 in the maximus foruns. My problem was that the links provided here are no longer active, but by searching in those foruns I managed to find it.

Now I just have to change the Z and U keys - everything else is working fine.
  9. n99hockey

whats wrong with the Z and U keys?
  10. rduraoc

rduraoc New Member

Its the german keyboard layout problem, as discussed here. In my case, the letters "Z", "Y" and "U" were swapped, but I edited the registry and it's fine now. Thanks for your help.
  11. ParaCAD

ParaCAD New Member

I think i've seen someone mention that problem in the past.....glad you got it all worked out!