Window Mobile 7 for Ozone?

Discussion in 'HTC Snap | Ozone' started by eatfishy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. eatfishy

eatfishy New Member

Window Mobile 7 for Ozone?

Did you guys think we will get an update with Window Mobile 7 for Ozone?
  2. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I don't think so...actually from what I've read none of the phones that are currently out will be upgradeable to WM7. I will have to see if I can find that article again and post it. The thing is, Microsoft has been so secret and hush hush with WM7 that I don't think anyone really knows for sure.
  3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

4. eatfishy

eatfishy New Member

what major improvement would you guys like to see in window mobile 7?
  5. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I am not sure what kinds of improvements i would like to see in non touchscreen phones. I guess it would be nice to have social network integration like importing facebook friends and such. I would also like to see a more robust Marketplace...right now it is kind of pathetic. Some better multimedia functions would be nice. Windows Media Player is pathetic. I think most of the improvements will be geared toward touchscreen devices. I actually find the sliding panels to be quite intuitive and convenient as far as home screen functionality goes. What other improvements would everyone like to see?

-posted from my Ozone
  6. eatfishy

eatfishy New Member

I would like to see more apps for games, music, easier way to customize home screen without any programming knowledge, more options to turn on/off noficiation, sounds, etc, more user friendly (not that it's difficult for me to use, but it'll attract more people).

If window mobile 7 is created with mindset of techno geek and not the everyday people, I'm afriad window mobile will lose even more market share. We have more mobile OS to choose now and I think iphone is definitely ahead of the game with Android rapidly coming up.
  7. gnath9

gnath9 New Member

android Rocks !!!

I love my Droid. It can not be explained ... you must experience it to know. :dft011:tounge_out
  8. bberryhill0

Charging my Eris for the first time now. Itching to turn it on but must 'condition' the battery.....
  9. mhans311

mhans311 Member

You'll have to tell us how you like it. I am thinking of getting an Eris for my wife and I would like to hear the opinion of someone coming from winmo and especially a Q9. Worth the upgrade?
  10. bberryhill0

I am posting over at everythingandroid.org . Thw virtual keybors id diving me nuts. Palm Pre could be better.
  11. eatfishy

eatfishy New Member

The Eris was one of my original choice before I purchase Ozone, but I decided not to buy it because the battery life is very poor. Personally, I love the Android OS over Window Mobile OS, but I'm not too impress with the current verizon phone model supporting Android. Maybe Nexus will change my mind...
  12. bberryhill0

I'm trying to run my Eris battery down right now. Not happening. From my reading, the best way to run the battery down is to install a task manager.
  13. Dean Foster

Dean Foster New Member

Get off here! This site is everythingwm.com!!! WM is Windows Mobile here! Go play with your modified linux kernel or dev tools, droid.
  14. Dean Foster

Dean Foster New Member

Hey guys, I'm an android fan, too. But this is not the place for it. Try going to XDA Developers to talk about android. Cheers... :) :):):):)(y)