Win Mobile Device Center and 64-bit Vista

Discussion in 'Windows PC and Moto Q' started by XtremeBawls, Feb 19, 2009.

1. XtremeBawls

XtremeBawls New Member

Win Mobile Device Center and 64-bit Vista

I have 64-bit Vista on my computers and I am having issues. The computer will not even recognize the phone. I have tried it on an XP machine with Activesync and that works fine, so all i can figure is its a 64-bit issue, but i have yet to try it on a 32-bit Vista install (don't want to go the hassle of installing and finding out). Is 64-bit the issue, or is there some other reason it will not be recognized by the computer, let alone by Device Center?
  2. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

you did download the 64 bit version of WMDC right? Or possibly a firewall that's blocking the connection?
  3. XtremeBawls

XtremeBawls New Member

Very good point, but yes i did get the 64-bit version of the program. I am very sure firewall isn't the issue.
  4. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

try deleting the partnership with the XP machine
  5. XtremeBawls

XtremeBawls New Member

Will do but i did use it on the Vista machine b4 the XP one so im assuming that is not the issue. Any help is appreciated though, so thank you much.
  6. PacoJr67

PacoJr67 Active Member

unfortunately my experience with Vista is limited to the past 2 weeks, and then only to 32bit. but I'll keep looking
  7. XtremeBawls

XtremeBawls New Member

Well I've installed Windows Mobile Device Center (64-bit), RSD Lite 4.2, and Handset USB Driver x64 v3.5.0 and still no luck syncing. Vista gives me this error (One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it). I also noticed I can't install the Motorola Software Update Program on Vista 64-bit which is leading me more and more to thinking its a 64-bit issue. I will try it on my other computer that has a fresh install of 64-bit Vista and see what the outcome is with that.
  8. XtremeBawls

XtremeBawls New Member

Must be my install of Windows because on the other computer that has a fresh install of Vista 64-bit i had no issues syncing it up. I even flashed to the Verizon 6.1 update with no problems. Thread can be deleted.