Will You Upgrade to a W7 Phone? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by termleech, Jun 20, 2010.

?

Will You Upgrade to a W7 Phone?

1. Yes, I'm upgrading from a W6.5 or earlier device

8.0%
  2. Yes, I'm upgrading from an iPhone

36.0%
  3. Yes, I'm upgrading from an Android

32.0%
  4. Yes, I'm upgrading from a Blackberry

8.0%
  5. Yes, I'm upgrading from a non-smart phone

8.0%
  6. No, I won't be upgrading

8.0%
  1. pikacz

pikacz Member

swell idea, but why trophy? mozart has better dimensions and better camera, that's why i'm getting it :)
  2. slighmd

slighmd New Member

personally, i'm getting a WP7 phone for the gaming potential and media capabilities. I'm not really interested in camera stuff. On my nexus One, i rarely used the camera anyway. mostly used it for surfing, media consumption (music and movies), and gaming which was sub par except for the PSX emulator.
  3. matty032

matty032 New Member

My company just got me the Droid X in July. So I have to wait a year, or two before I can get one. But, as soon as I can, I'm jumping the Android ship. Android is fragmenting, just like the old Winmo phones did. Hundred different market places, Phones not being upgraded to the latest version. Manufacturers putting their crappy software over top of the Android interface. Google is makeing all the same mistakes that Winmo made. At least this time around, MS seems to not be making the same mistakes.
  4. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

It seems to be getting worse. At first, I thought it was more media driven, but right now it's carrier driven. Most of the "new" phones just announced will ship with Android 2.1. Not sure there is much Google can do at this point.
  5. Michael Melton

Michael Melton New Member

When it goes to Sprint, I think I will. I can't wait till they hit and I can go to an AT&T store and actually lay hands on one.
  6. sulster

sulster Active Member

I've never thought about going to a different carrier store to check phones out. You think the experiences are the same? (I'm on Verizon.)
  7. Mobutu

Mobutu New Member

I have an iPhone 3gs that I will be changing from...IF....and it's a big IF, I like the touch and feel of the phones and UI. Can't wait to put my hands on one and try it out.
  8. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Absolutely...just waiting for the end of the month...
  9. Redux7

Redux7 Member

Patiently awaiting the O7...lovin' that phone....yea I live in Asia so no Samsung focus...Yea........
  10. Makkari

Makkari New Member

I like what I see in WP7, but I'm holding off on buying a device. I am not to thrilled with the current manufacturers. I am a Moto guy--always have been, and likely always will be--and Moto seems to have locked themselves in the Android force field. If or when they jump into the Wp7 ring, I'll like get that phone.
  11. Pancake mix

Pancake mix New Member

Imma keep my iPhone 4, but i am replacing my Galaxy S with the Samsung Focus
  12. Snuff71

Snuff71 New Member

I'll be leaving Android for WP7. Specifically the Samsung Galaxy S. The problem is, I have to wait until Verizon gets the WP7 phones. I stopped at the brand new Microsoft Store in Oak Brook, IL today, to check out the new WP7s. I was absolutely blown away! I couldn't believe how smooth moving through the menus was, and how polished the UI is. It made me want to switch carriers right there. However, I came to my senses and concluded that I'd have to wait. I have lots of questions for those of you who have the WP7 now, so I'll post them separate threads if they don't already exist.
    sulster likes this.