Will You Upgrade to a W7 Phone? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Windows Phone 7' started by termleech, Jun 20, 2010.

?

Will You Upgrade to a W7 Phone?

1. Yes, I'm upgrading from a W6.5 or earlier device

8.0%
  2. Yes, I'm upgrading from an iPhone

36.0%
  3. Yes, I'm upgrading from an Android

32.0%
  4. Yes, I'm upgrading from a Blackberry

8.0%
  5. Yes, I'm upgrading from a non-smart phone

8.0%
  6. No, I won't be upgrading

8.0%
  1. termleech

termleech Member

Will You Upgrade to a W7 Phone? (Poll)

Will you be upgrading to a W7 phone when they come out and if so what platform are you upgrading from. Personally I'm ditching my iPhone for a W7 phone (which is saying a lot since I've had every iPhone that's ever been released).
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

already left for android...
  3. mhans311

mhans311 Member

I have an Ozone right now...I am thinking of switching to Android. My wife has a Droid and it is pretty nice. There are still a few things holding me back though. I think I will wait until WP7 comes out and see how it goes. I use a lot of OneNote for school...so I will see how useful the OneNote application is on the new WP7 phones. I like my Ozone and am in no rush to upgrade.
  4. xtrememadness

xtrememadness New Member

i feel like wp7 will be great! its different and interesting! android kinda looks like another version of apple. i want to wait until its released before i jump ship!
  5. misterSelf

misterSelf New Member

I wouldn't say Android is anything like iOS. I've used both and they are very different. That said, I agree with you the WP7 looks great and I, like you, will wait until it's released before I decide to jump ship or not.
  6. artietyro

artietyro New Member

Sadly. same here...sheesh...Why did MS think they could wait so long?
  7. chris

chris Administrator Staff Member

But would you come back? A triumphant return to eWM?
    sulster likes this.
  8. chris

I don't count, since I use all the platforms. I am real excited about Windows Phone 7. Having a Zune HD and loving the Metro UI, I'm hoping they have a few killer apps.
  9. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

Where's the option for: Show me a damn phone and I will think about it?
    ;)
  10. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

Haha, I agree. Where's the damn revolutionary hardware at?
  11. chris

It's coming! Just look at the current Android hardware - that's what you'll be getting OR better with WP7.
  12. nord

nord New Member

Upgrading from way back Compaq iPaq.

I will go for the new HD3 on T-Mobile. What I want? Good MS Office, bluetooth connectivity to an external, foldable keyboard, a decent piece of glass and some useful apps from all these developers.
  13. chris

Do you mean the T-Mobile HTC HD7?
  14. ryant35

ryant35 Member

I have a Droid X so I don't think Windows 7 would be an upgrade... After a month of my DX going back to WM would be like trading in my Pentium for a 486 with Windows 3.1.
  15. chris

Maybe going back to Windows Mobile, but not Windows Phone 7. Everything I've seen makes me really want one of these phones. Integrated Zune, Metro UI, established hardware specs so manufacturers don't skimp.
  16. mhans311

mhans311 Member

Well I am not going to be upgrading to WP7 because I am on Verizon. I am not going to wait until next year to upgrade. Sorry Microsoft, too little too late. Android...here I come...
  17. chris

Yeah, that was a bummer that Verizon wasn't among the launch partners. We'll see you over at Android forums. Which Android phone are you going for?
  18. mhans311

mhans311 Member

Yeah I was looking forward to WP7, but I guess I will have to wait for my next upgrade. I am leaning toward the Droid X, but I am curious about the upcoming HTC Merge. I have been lurking over at everythingandroid for awhile now and so I may be spending more time over there soon.
  19. pikacz

pikacz Member

upgrading from the most-awful-still-on-1.5 android phone samsung i7500 to htc mozart as soon as it comes out
  20. slighmd

slighmd New Member

coming from Nexus One Android. will be getting the HTC Trophy or Samsung Omnia 7, which ever comes first. XBLA FTW!