Will Sprite Backup save Text MSGs?

Discussion in 'Motorola Q' started by JoeyAnyc, Nov 13, 2007.

1. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc New Member

Will Sprite Backup save Text MSGs?

I'm about to purchase Sprite, as recommended by you guys.
    I wanted to know if Sprite actually saves text messages that
    I have on my phone? I really wanted to keep 'em.

Also, I've currently been using my new Q. When I backup the old phone
    and transfer it to the new Q, will it MERGE the info together, or will the backup write over what's already on my new phone.

Thanks in advance for answering these couple questions!

Joey :laugh2:
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

dont know about sprite but check out www.jeyo.com at the inbox extender or the mobile companion...this way you can sync them to a PC and save them there
  3. shaun0207

shaun0207 New Member

SPB Backup will save Text messages as well as your contacts.
  4. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc New Member

Thanks for the info.

I went and used Active Sync and was able to save all my contacts to MSOutlook.

IS there a way Active Sync can save Text MSGs?

Joey
  5. n99hockey

no there is not
    which is why i suggested www.jeyo.com
  6. JoeyAnyc

JoeyAnyc New Member

Okay. Thanks again. :eek:)
  7. n99hockey

no problem! :laugh2:
  8. petitevicious

petitevicious New Member

Is there a free program that can backup MMS & SMS messages?
  9. n99hockey

not that i am aware of
    and i dont belive you can backup MMS...or atleast havent heard of one...although maybe SPB's program that shaun0207 mentioned does
  10. Kenpevans

Kenpevans New Member

Sprite Backup For Solving large Text Message Purge Hang-up

I have spent hours of careful research to find out what windows users have done when their phones hang up upon a long-overdue text message string purge. I have discovered that this is not so uncommon. I have also discovered that people don't know and can't find out that sprite back-up can be used to purge text messages! So many have asked and the common response is to recommend the use of one of your competitors. I've taken hours to narrow down the particular back-up file that contains the text messages. Emails & email setup will have to be redone, but nobody has a problem with that. I will do my best to post this on various sites:

After manually deleting each text within a string (many hundreds, as the purge got hung up with the constant display of the "wait timer" circling non-stop, I was left with a couple texts that wouldn't delete and this made it impossible for me to text these people without starting a new string each time. What I had to find out on my own, is that Sprite Back-up does a complete mirror upon backup such that the problem is actually ported upon restore, so when choosing restore after a backup, choose the name of the file to restore, then next, then when the files and folders options come up, click on the "+" to expand "system data" then click on the "+" for "file system", then click on "+" to expand "windows" folder, then unclick (opt out of) "PalmMsgV001". Everything will be restored perfectly except as mentioned above - oh you might also have to restore your selection of your "today screen" background - but I can't find another change. I had 2 identical phones to experiment on, lest I risk major data loss. Ok, if you don't have that file, because you don't have a palm operating window's mobile, then you can be certain that you will find a file similarly named for your phone. Sprite is an amazing program, and I can't believe that I haven't used it until this problem. Sprite support is stunningly poor. No contact info, limited blog info, so few FAQ's and no response to my problem when I posted. My phone is for the best window's phone ever made - the Palm Treo 800w - the phone that was down-graded (Less user user friendly and fewer functions) to produce the Palm Pro and Palm Pre.
  11. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Active Member

Wow! Is Sprite support really stunningly poor? Is support even neccesary? Everyone who uses Sprite here seems to love it.
  12. vikram1248

vikram1248 Guest

Recover data of your mobile phone

Dear all,
    There are verity of softwares which are avlable in the market tosave your SMS but i think what if your data is gone,So safety is always better so have data recovery software,and always have the backup of your SMS and Contacts.