Will Skype work on this phone?

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9h' started by chipdawg, Aug 6, 2008.

1. chipdawg

chipdawg New Member

Will Skype work on this phone?

Is there anybody using Skype on the AT&T network? How did you get it to work if you are?
  2. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

3. chipdawg

chipdawg New Member

I did see that thread Rudeboy. So I guess Skype is a no go for AT&T. What a bummer.
  4. iamthekiller

iamthekiller New Member

skype works fine on 6.0 but not 6.1. you can use fring to get skype running on 6.1, but fring is ugly as sin
  5. RJNJC

RJNJC New Member

Fring is indeed UGLY, but the best out there, IMHO, for IM with VOIP.

I did use it for quite some time. But after the slick look of 6.1, Fring's ugliness finally got to me and I moved to JiveTalk (beta-possibly pay app later, great looks, NO voip though).

:2cool: R J
  6. chipdawg

chipdawg New Member

How did you get it to work on 6.0? I got it installed. I'm using the one for smartphones. I keep getting that it cannot connect to the network and to check my network connection. Mine is set on 3G and Wi-Fi connection. Is there anything thing else I need or settings I need to change?
  7. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

Use the band select to keep your phone on 3G. You really need wifi or a really strong 3G signal for skype to work properly. Otherwise, sound will be choppy and/or you get signed off... it's unbearable on edge netwrok...
  8. chipdawg

chipdawg New Member

Ok, so Skype works on AT&T. Do you have any special settings? I get a constant 3G signal but cannot connect to Skype network.
  9. ninjaap

ninjaap Moderator

No special settings, just the band select. So it won't drop to edge at all. But even then, in all honesty, it still can get choppy. I don't use it much.

I don't know why you can't connect. Just make sure you have the latest version. I think they have a new one up at the skype website.