Wifi Problem

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by comptiger5000, Dec 31, 2007.

1. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

Wifi Problem

Using a Q9m with a Spectec SDW-822 wifi card. I got the card, then went on vacation, everything works great, I was on a wifi network for several hours with no problems. I got home Saturday, and noticed that on my home network, after about 15 minutes of being connected, I lose all ability to transfer data. Exchange activesync fails saying "waiting for network" and I cannot browse the web. For the first 10-15 minutes of being connected, it works great. After this, to restore connectivity, I can do any of the following: soft-reset the phone, remove and re-install the wifi card, turn off and back on the wifi. After this, I get another 15 minutes. Any ideas what might be causing this? It worked fine on my network (or so it seemed) before I left for vacation. Tonight I will have a chance to try another network to hopefully determine whether it's the network or the phone.
  2. shuck7

shuck7 New Member

before i misplaced my card i also had problems like this, or sometimes where the q9m would not even read the card when i put it in till i did a soft reset. i never found a solution, but i am going to buy a new card if i can't find mine when i get back to college. so id love to hear an answer also. it stinks the price of the card has seemed to go up. i got one on ebay for 30 dollars including shipping, now i can't find any under 40-45 with shipping :embarassed:
  3. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

Well, I'm on another network now, and it seems to be working fine (posting from the q now). Maybe it's just allergic to my network. We'll see how it works.
  4. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

I'm now home again, and the problem is occuring once again. It seems to only occur on my network. Any ideas on what might be wrong with my network?
  5. DrQ

DrQ New Member

Maybe the router. I have a Verizon FIOS router and was having a problem like that that escalated over a few months till it showed up on the wired ports too. (wouldn't hold a connection)

New router now and no problems whatsoever.
  6. comptiger5000

comptiger5000 New Member

Ok, will look into this further, trying a firmware update on the router tomorrow. Strange part is that it only affects the phone, all of my wireless pcs are fine.