Wifi problem on my hd2

Discussion in 'HTC HD7 and HTC HD7S' started by izenonology, May 30, 2011.

1. izenonology

izenonology New Member

I just got an HD7and when I try connecting it to my home network, it will say connecting and then after a while it shows "Connection Unsuccessful"

I have a linksys wrt610n router, and i even tried resetting the router but still the problem persists.

First I thought it might be a phone issue, but it was connecting perfectly fine to the local library's hotspot and a starbucks hotspot. So that means, it's definitely something wrong with my house network that it won't let me connect.

All the other devices : ipod touch, laptop, xbox 360, connect fine to the network.

Please help me with this issue, as I am using HD7 without a data plan so without wifi,i cant fully use the functionalities of hd7.

Thanks.
  2. RobR

RobR Member

There is something that the HD7 doesn't like with certain routers. My HD7 would connect to any other network easily but on my home network it would not connect after it came out of sleep unless I manually turned off Wifi and back on again. I had a Belkin N+ router which really sucked for other reasons so I ended up putting a DD-WRT Firmware on it instead and the HD7 never had the issue again.

As for the HD7 I found that the wireless on it was pretty weak as it wouldn't pick up a signal on the second floor of my house. I dunno what Mango did but I don't have that issue anymore either after the Mango update this evening.

Hey, I just realized this thread is from way back in May. Ah well, maybe the info will help someone.