Wifi Card

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by imagoodmonster, Jul 25, 2008.

1. imagoodmonster

imagoodmonster New Member

Wifi Card

I just ordered a the sdw822 off of ebay...kinda nervous...but anyways..how do i make sure that i don't use data when i go on the internet? i know this has been asked before but i didnt really understand the response.
  2. bmar29

bmar29 Member

do you use verizons data at all? if not then call or emial them and have them out a data block on your number.
    if yes, then go to hacks section and look for the hack that will password protect your data so you will know when your using it
  3. imagoodmonster

Wifi card installation

Hey can someone walk me through all the steps of installing the wifi card? i've been on the computer for 2 hours trying to install it with no success. this is getting frustrating. i downloaded two different .cab files online and tried them. one of them failed and one installed successfully, but i still don't see anything that has to do with wifi. Help would be MUCH MUCH appreciated.

thanks
  4. manbat

manbat Active Member

Which Card did you get?

===============================================
    You have a Q9m...Right? Spectec card for Q9m is SDW-822.(wlan 802.11 b) Is that the one you have? If so I have the correct Driver Cab. It's wlan11b_wm60.CAB. I can post a link to it in my files I think. Just let me know.
  5. manbat

manbat Active Member

Here is a link

======================================================
    Here is the link to the Driver that works on my Q9m. Always pick install to device when installing drivers. Settings/Connections/Wi-Fi Power settings allows you to set time out. With the right driver and card it should auto start, search prompt to enter your wifi link code or connect to an unsecure link.

LINK: http://www.badongo.com/file/10652553
  6. manbat

manbat Active Member

If the Wifi Card is in.....

=========================================
    If the wifi card is in.......You will be using the wifi connection...I posted the Driver for SDW822 / Q9m on your other thread.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

--threads merged--

please dont double post
  8. imagoodmonster

Ya i have the 9m. Thank you soooooo much that's exactly what i needed. now the wifi card works perfectly!
  9. bmar29

bmar29 Member

10. manbat

manbat Active Member

I know that it is the one recomended for the Q9m. wether others will work I don't know.Check spectec web site. I bought mine on eBay for about that same price.
  11. bmar29

bmar29 Member

the spectec webiste says to use the SDW-825...weird. and according to the link i posted the model number is sdw822 so i should be fine
  12. manbat

manbat Active Member

That's kinda strange.

=============================================
    I have the SDW-822....Works great on the Q9m with the driver linked in my earlier reply. So you should be good!
  13. adamcp

adamcp New Member

Hi. They make a SDW-822 card specifically for the Q9m/Q9c. The one in the link above is NOT that card. Has anyone got that one to work in a Q9 smart phone? I ordered the non-specific card from the link above (it is still in shipping) and then found out about the specific sdw-822 wifi card for the Q9 series. Will I have to return that card to buyGPS or can I get the standard card to work just as well? Is it just a driver issue? Any help would be appreciated.
  14. Josef

Josef New Member

I a card setup on my phone - it works, but it is really slow, and I have a hard time picking up networks (I'll have to walk to my router for it to notice it - then I am ok - but if I try to connect from another room, it won't work).

I also tried to connect at BW3s - but couldn't find the network - anyone else notice this?
  15. bmar29

bmar29 Member

correction:
    the link i posted IS a sdw822.
    scroll down and look under product details and then at item model number and it clearly says "spectec_sdw822"
    it will work fine in your Q9m
  16. manbat

manbat Active Member

================================I use the SDW-822 and the driver I posted earlier in this thread. connects FAST, works FAST and will even connect outside in my front yard. Posted via Q9m.
  17. Josef

Josef New Member

I downloaded the file - how do I install to my device?
  18. manbat

manbat Active Member

===============================Use active sync place the cab anywhere you want on phone. Click on it to install. Always choose device for install location on drivers. Should be it. Place wifi card in slot. should auto start. Follow instructions to conect to your secure network or an unsecure.
  19. Josef

Josef New Member

there is no extension on the file - just called 0WLAN11b.001

won't open or run...
  20. jteague48

jteague48 New Member

Manbat,
    shifting gears a little bit, what websites or types of websites do you find most useful on your Q9m? If I got a wifi card, I'd probably be using it to get directions (if mapquest works with the small screen).

Any sites that you wish worked better with a mobile device?