Wi-Fi with Q9c

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9c' started by jvetter, Jan 29, 2009.

1. jvetter

jvetter New Member

Wi-Fi with Q9c

We have an employee that wants wi-fi with there Q. I know you can buy a mini-SD card for wi-fi, but I was wondering what the best one was to buy. Is it hard to get configured or do you just put it in and search for a wireless signal? I would appreciate anyones experience with the wi-fi SD cards. Thanks.
  2. Vazguard

Vazguard Active Member

I've never used one, but the Spectec brand cards are the most talked-about here.
  3. DrBroccoli

DrBroccoli New Member

I have a Spectec card and it's just plug in play. I take out my normal storage card and pop in the miniSD WiFi card, wait a few seconds and my Q9 asks if I want to configure Wi Fi power settings or not, then it connects to my network in under 5 seconds. Pretty simple, only thing I had to do was download a new .Cab containing the driver from their website when I got it.
  4. Rook

Rook New Member

I have a Spectec SDW-825 and it is great for everything except...it does not work at all with PEAP and IEEE 802.1x configuration. It just tells me that the network requires a personal certificate and that it will not work. I have looked around and found this to be a problem others have with other configs as well. But, for an unsecured network it works like a dream.
  5. itz poly

itz poly New Member

I believe that Spectec cards are a very good quality brand, and most of them are true Plug and Play.