Wi-Fi 101

Discussion in 'Moto Q 9m' started by ptwob234, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ptwob234

ptwob234 New Member

Wi-Fi 101

I'm looking for some info on Wi-Fi. Basically, what are the advantages of getting wi-fi on my Verizon q9m versus just using the internet that comes on the phone? Is Wi-Fi much faster and do you have to pay for it outside of the cost of the card? And what all do I need to get the wi-fi up and running? Any info would be appreciated...
  2. rainmakerrc

rainmakerrc New Member

If you get a wifi card, then you don't pay for data through VZW. You will need the wifi card (spectec.com.tw) and updated drivers from the Spectec website. It could be faster than than VZW data, but that depends on different factors.
  3. derrickwhitt

derrickwhitt New Member

Wifi is only going to be as fast as the internet speed that the wireless router is hooked up to. You do not have to pay for Wifi on your Q9m, only the card. For the wifi card you will need the Spectec SDW-822/825 models. They do have a Motorola Q version for the Spectec card which are mentioned in greater detail in the other forums, just do a search for them. I do not recommend using the drivers that are on the CD, I would download the drivers from Spectec website. Wifi internet will only work where there is a wifi signal to connect to.