why ? :}

Discussion in 'Q Home Screens and Wallpapers' started by rudeboy, Jun 4, 2008.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

why ? :}

so yea... so far all the home screens i have seen have an image for the different pages/tabs & of course i am wanting to just have text as way to go to a different page. unless, i can make what some use as a "screen saver" (pushing the up button on the D-pad) for a 2nd page... i need more room for my tasks and want the tab or what ever to be none intrusive on the main home screen....

crap... forgot to mention but clever folks figured it, i am speaking of tabs with Facade :}
  2. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

that is the route I went...I got my facade calender filling the entire second page and have hidden the "tab" bar on the third. :smile:
  3. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

but the tab is a hidden image ?
  4. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

it's hidden by the fact that I never scroll down to the third page!
  5. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

okay.... i am confuzzled.

what ?!
  6. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

haha..maybe we are talking about different things!

I didn't want the tab bar (I have the 2-tab bar) cluttering my hs..as well as my calender was feeling a bit intrusive. So I moved the calender to a full screen second page and stashed the tab-bar on the third. Although I don't use the bar often (switching from calender to tasks, etc) so I don't mind it being so far away. Der gave me some steps on how to remove it completely but I never got around to doing it!
  7. Prosper

Prosper New Member

Say, you want tabs without images, just the texts "Schedule" & "Tasks"? You can disable tab images within Facade Settings. If you then decrease the tab bar height, you'll be done.
  8. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

@ TF: i see what you are saying...

now i am getting somewhere, maybe :}.... 'cuz i kinda want to look into making the arrow-up taking me to the "screensaver screen" which i will use for my tasks... if that works.

thanks.
  9. can you post screen shots when done? I didn't know facade could do that!
  10. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

will do...

first (without success so far) i am trying to get the tasks to display on the "screen saver" screen...

11. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

(yes i am inpatient as hell :} anybody have a idea how to make this ^^ work ?

(speaking of work... with the upcoming move this whole "work" thing is taking up way too much of my time man... :}
  12. Der Alta

Der Alta New Member

I'm still re-reading this and wondering about it. I'm not certain what you're aiming for, other than making more room for tasks and hoping to keep it on one page. Eliminating the Images "Schedule" and "Tasks".

I'm planning on a bit of Homescreen Work this Sunday, as it'll be hot and raining outside. Perfect day to sit inside and do some hobby work. If my work goes easy enough, I'll hopefully have some time to look at what you're thinking.
  13. TreeFrog

TreeFrog Active Member

here is what I got for my full page schedule....if it helps! Should be able to replace "schedule" with "tasks"..(same plugin!)..and the image of course. I didn't use that "blank" plugin that you have there...if that is what it is! :smile:

<plugin name="FacadeSchedule" type="Schedule" height="213" clsid="{C49CEC80-D445-407C-AA72-C263EDBBAC96}" landscapeHeight="213">
    <background b-border-width="0" bgimage="\Application Data\Home\BlackGlassCalendar.jpg" valign="top">
    </background>
    </plugin>
  14. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

here's what i am aiming for:

where some home screens have a "screen saver" (<- screen with just an image) that is called upon with the up key of the D-pad (+ i think it "snaps" to it after so much time is passed) on that screen i want my tasks.

if that is not possible for some reason... i want (which is possible according to Prosper) the word "tasks" on my home screen so when i high light & click it it goes to that screen, i don't want a image but the word..

#1 is what i prefer to have....

hope this is clear, busy moving customers but hopefully i will have time to mess with this later..
  15. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

getting there.... only thing there is something weird going on with the height of screen #2/screen saver.
  16. rudeboy

rudeboy New Member

well... i backed away from the "screen saver" screen with tasks, worked but if i ever make this i want it the other way around (so it "snaps" back to the main screen..)

currently messing with the tabs without tabs, which for now is not working... could be the darn heat, can't even get the tabs with tabs showing to work :}